Book recommendation for a beginner

Old June 2nd 04, 02:03 PM
Jerry

Default Book recommendation for a beginner

Looking for a good book for a beginner in B&W film processing at home.
There are many books to pick from, which do you guys think are the best for
a beginner?

Thanks

Old June 2nd 04, 02:10 PM
Nick Zentena

Jerry wrote:
Looking for a good book for a beginner in B&W film processing at home.
There are many books to pick from, which do you guys think are the best for
a beginner?

How much of a beginner? Real basic stuff? Download the Ilford info on
developing your first film. Basic and free. I doubt any one really needs
more then what's in that pdf. If you don't understand something then come
back and ask.

Nick
Old June 2nd 04, 05:09 PM
R.W. Behan

Jerry--
Years ago I wrote a small book called "How to Be Positive About the
Negative." It presents a quick-and-dirty approximation of the Zone System,
but is written expressly for the beginner. Email me your mailing address,
and I'll send you one at a killer price: zip. (The book is no longer in
print, but I have a few extra copies kicking around.)

Cheers,

Dick Behan

Old June 3rd 04, 03:05 AM
BertS

I just finished reading the copy you so graciously sent me (thanks!!!!). It is
an excellent book for a beginner and should be useful even if you are not a
beginner.

Bert