Req: Book recommendation for niece

Old November 20th 05, 09:46 PM posted to rec.photo.technique.people

Default Req: Book recommendation for niece

Greetings.
APpreciate any suggestions for a book about photography for Christmas
for my 16 year old niece.
She has an avid interest, no formal training, as we gave her an entry
level digital camera for her birthday this month. Unexpectedly, she is
really taking this subject seriously. We would very much like to give
her a well written, interesting and comprehensive book about digital
photography. She is an honor roll student, and anticipates formal
classroom photography classes as a high school senior next year.

If it helps, her main interest is setting up indoor shots of people,
which is why I am requesting of this group (she also loves to
photograph animals with the people).

THank one and all for any suggestions, including any outside my
request that perhaps I did not know to have considered; I appreciate
your time.

Sandee.
Old November 21st 05, 03:47 AM posted to rec.photo.technique.people

SandeeK wrote in
:

[...]

One that got me really motivated, and still remains a great overall
book, is Kodak's "Joy of Photography", which I think is in its third or
fourth version. Hope the link works -
/0201577879/qid=1132540437/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-2045740-
8529456?v=glance&s=books&n=507846 .

Covers the basics, the functions, the process, and more than a little
bit of style and composition. Not completely geared towards digital, but
digital differs from film only in terms of end result; the method's the
same.

I have yet to completely look them over, but National Geographic's
guides are considered pretty good too.
/0792261887/qid=1132544773/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-2045740-
8529456?v=glance&s=books

Hope this helps. Good luck!

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to match domain below
Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net
Old November 22nd 05, 02:12 AM posted to rec.photo.technique.people

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 03:47:28 GMT, Al Denelsbeck
wrote:

SandeeK wrote in
:

[...]

Thank you very much. Very kind of you. I couldn't get the links to
work even by pasting them in. I'll search by the books, however, and
will surely find them. I'm sure my niece will be thrilled.
Thank you again.
Sandee