Need advice to choose Canon Elan 7N, 7NE or Nikon N80

Old August 3rd 04, 03:11 AM
JZ

Default Need advice to choose Canon Elan 7N, 7NE or Nikon N80

Body only.
My len is 'Tamron Zoom Wide Angle-Telephoto AF 28-200mm Super Zoom
f/3.8-5.6 Aspherical XR IF Macro Autofocus'

Canon Elan 7NE: $350
Canon Elan 7N: $300
Nikon N80: $290 (after rebate)

I guess the main difference between 7N and 7NE is the eye control. How
useful is this?

Which will you choose? (best fit my len)

Thanks a lot!!
Old August 3rd 04, 05:16 AM
Skip M

"JZ" wrote in message
om...
Body only.
My len is 'Tamron Zoom Wide Angle-Telephoto AF 28-200mm Super Zoom
f/3.8-5.6 Aspherical XR IF Macro Autofocus'

Canon Elan 7NE: $350
Canon Elan 7N: $300
Nikon N80: $290 (after rebate)

I guess the main difference between 7N and 7NE is the eye control. How
useful is this?

Which will you choose? (best fit my len)

Thanks a lot!!

What mount does your lens have? If it will fit the Canon, it won't fit the
Nikon, and vise versa. If it doesn't fit either, you're starting with a
clean sheet anyway. And the lens isn't exceptional enough or expensive
enough to really let it influence your decision. Which camera do you like
best. Us NG denizens can't answer that question for you.
BTW, those who have eye control love it. With the exception of one friend
of mine, who gets sea sick when she tries to use the EC in her EOS3.

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old August 3rd 04, 03:30 PM
JZ

Thanks!

Ye, my len only fits the Canon. I think Canon is better anyway. Do you
have any links regarding the reviews of camera body and popular lens?
I think I might go with 7NE. BTW, your friend's story is funny.

Regards,

Old August 3rd 04, 10:28 PM
Skip M

om...

"JZ" wrote in message
[...]

She has the same problem with Image Stabilization.
Here are links to the two most cited sites:
http://www.photodo.com/
http://www.photozone.de/
Hope this helps...

Old August 8th 04, 07:49 AM
Robert Meyers

"JZ" wrote in message
om...
Body only.
My len is 'Tamron Zoom Wide Angle-Telephoto AF 28-200mm Super Zoom
f/3.8-5.6 Aspherical XR IF Macro Autofocus'

Canon Elan 7NE: $350
Canon Elan 7N: $300
Nikon N80: $290 (after rebate)

I guess the main difference between 7N and 7NE is the eye control. How
useful is this?

Which will you choose? (best fit my len)

Eye control is killer, I use it a lot with 7E and EOS3. Oh, and you can
save a bit if you grab a Elan 7E over the 7NE... slightly older model