who can teach me how to change the basic weight to ream weight ,it make me confused

Old July 20th 07, 07:23 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Jackie

Default who can teach me how to change the basic weight to ream weight ,it make me confused

I am a green hands in printing industry ,and our factory locate in
China shenzhen ,many customer always give ## of the weight ,but here
China always use basic weight ,who can teach me how change of them

my MSN is

hope any kinds person can teach me

thanks thanks

Old July 20th 07, 08:49 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Richard Knoppow

"Jackie" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am a green hands in printing industry ,and our factory
locate in
China shenzhen ,many customer always give ## of the weight
,but here
China always use basic weight ,who can teach me how change
of them

my MSN is

hope any kinds person can teach me

thanks thanks

I did a Google search for _ream weight_ and found
several sites which define both ream weight and basic weight
along with some other terms for paper weight.
Ream weight is the weight in pounds of 500 sheets of
paper regardless of size or grade. Basic weight is the
weight of 500 sheets of a given paper cut to a standard
size. So, it appears that they are the same for standard
size paper.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old July 21st 07, 01:48 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
jj

Confusing at first...

http://www.booksjustbooks.com/glossary.asp

"The weight of paper is defined with the # symbol meaning "pound". The
poundage of text paper in the United States is determined by the weight
of 500 sheets measuring 25 x 38 inches. That measurement of area is
called the "basis" size. Five hundred sheets of 50# offset text paper
measuring 25 x 38 inches weigh 50 pounds."

"Five hundred sheets of 60# offset text paper measuring 25 x 38 inches
weigh 60 pounds and so on.

"The weight of bond paper, used mostly in copy shops, is calculated
using a different basis size 17 x 22 inches. Five hundred sheets of 20#
bond measuring 17 x 22 weigh 20 pounds. Five hundred sheets of 24# bond
measuring 17 x 22 weigh 24 pounds, and so on.

"If you do the math to compare the two different systems of weight
measurement you will find that 20# bond is the same as 50# offset and
24# bond is the same as 60# offset."