It's over for me!

Old October 19th 03, 12:36 AM
MAXWOLF2002

Default It's over for me!

Never, ever thought I would be stating this (never thought I'd forsake Kodak
for Fuji either for that matter!) but today I sadly parted with my 4x5 system
and my NIkon F5...for digital. Yes, digital. Having spent the better part of
last month shooting exclusively digital, the writing was clear on the wall.
It's all that I developed a need for. Instant review. Total (almost) control to
make the shot that I saw. Waste not, want not, trash can the rejects.
Well...change is good. Right? Re-discovering why photography has had this hold
on me for so many years. And still loving it!
Old October 19th 03, 12:48 PM
Bart van der Wolf

I smell a Troll.

Old October 20th 03, 02:23 AM
Witheld

In article ,
"Bart van der Wolf" wrote:

I smell a Troll.

Yep and what makes the pathetic loser think
they will make better pictures just because
they have a digital camera.
--
When you live next to the graveyard, you can't cry at every funeral.
Old October 20th 03, 12:45 PM
MDCORE

I smell a Troll.

Yep and what makes the pathetic loser think
they will make better pictures just because
they have a digital camera.

I didn't see it that way. It hasn't been cross-posted to any other photo groups
I'm on. He doesn't say that he is taking better pictures or that the digital
will enable him to do so.

He just says that he is enjoying his hobby more with digital than his other
equipment.

A little off topic perhaps in a nature group, but it doesn't seem like trolling
to me.

However, calling him a "pathetic loser...because he has a digital camera" is
kind of harsh, and sounds like sour grapes to me.
I don't shoot digital- I'm a Minolta user and they haven't brought one out
yet, besides I like projected slides best of all.

Yet I do have a scanner, digitize my slides, and inkjet print them. It would be
nice to have a digital file to start with sometimes. The extra magnification
you get with digital really makes a huge difference in macro work, which is my
favorite type of shooting. I don't think I'll get better shots- just better
magnification.

There are pluses and minuses to everything.

Including your comment.

Dukephoto

Old October 20th 03, 07:36 PM
123

Bart,

Did you ever realize you are a massive abuser by using a domainname
]) which does not belong to you?? A quick search learns
you abused this domainname over 4000 times... The spamrobots certainly have
picked this one up by now over the years.
I bet you do this to avoid spam, however, the company which owns the
domainname recieves all the spam caused by your abuse of their domain. I
hope for you they will not report this, or worse, file a claim for damages.
If I were you, I would use things like @no.spam . Just a suggestion.

"Bart van der Wolf" wrote in message
I smell a Troll.

Old October 20th 03, 09:59 PM
MDCORE

I smell a troll too - and it is NOT the poster of the original message!!!

Damn!!!

I usually don't bite.

I do not like to feed the trolls.

Very sheepishly-
Dukephoto
Old October 20th 03, 10:52 PM
MAXWOLF2002

I smell a Troll.

Yep and what makes the pathetic loser think
they will make better pictures just because
they have a digital camera

Whoa! I make a couple of statements about what I did, and I'm suddenly a troll
and a pathetic loser! Real friendly newsgroup you got going here...if this is
any indication.

Old October 21st 03, 12:36 AM
CHIP5FALL

Never, ever thought I would be stating this (never thought I'd forsake Kodak
for Fuji either for that matter!) but today I sadly parted with my 4x5 system
and my NIkon F5...for digital.

Why not a digital back for the 4X5 if control of the image was your goal?

Carl May
Old October 21st 03, 01:47 AM
MAXWOLF2002

Why not a digital back for the 4X5 if control of the image was your goal?

Excellent question and one I did ask myself. I've spent years running around
woods and streams and learned that some "left behind shots" were in fact those
worth making. 4x5, which I loved, really set me apart from whomever I ran
across in the wild (with the exception of Jack Dykinga) but I finally realized
that it is the PHOTOGRAPH that sets one apart and not the equipment. And having
the shot versus screwing up and wasting a tremendous amount of time so doing,
is my goal. No matter what, try it, view it, save it or trashcan it, it is now
immediate, which puts me in greater touch with what I shoot. After all, isn't
our goal to capture what we see in our minds, versus the limitationsand the
costs of the process? 4x5 shooters? More power to you all, I respect you and am
awed at your abilities. For me it boils down to a desire to please me... and
boy is that selfish or what!?