Lightroom problem.

Old May 9th 07, 04:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Peter Jason

Default Lightroom problem.

I have Lightroom 1.0 with WindowsXP prof.

I have many digital photos which I have
annotated in the EXIF "comments" field via
Exifer.

But Lightroom does not show this "comments"
field in its EXIF list on the right-hand side
of the screen.

Also, in Lightroom there is no way to put a
comment as a watermark across the very bottom
of an exported file, though I can do this
with the "watermark" field in Lightroom's
EXIF list. But this would mean a lot of
double handling!

I ask:

1/ How can I get Lightroom to display *ALL*
of the EXIF list, or at least the ones that I
choose?

2/ How can I get to put any, or many, of the
EXIF fields across the bottom of an image
when I export it?

Are there suitable plug-ins available?

Please help.

Old May 9th 07, 02:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Aaron

And lo, Peter Jason emerged from the ether
and spake thus:
[...]

I can't address your questions precisely, and I'm not sure how helpful
this will be for you in Windows XP Pro, but here is some information
about adding watermarks through Lightroom automation at export time
using some open source programs:

http://www.singleservingphoto.com/20...ed-workflow-i/

There should be a way to use Cygwin under Windows and a program such
as jhead to read the Exif comments and apply them as text using
ImageMagick. That's something I may look into for a future article.

As far as I know, Lightroom doesn't display all of the possible Exif
data, but does display all of the XMP/IPTC fields.

--
Aaron
http://www.fisheyegallery.com
Old May 9th 07, 04:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
l v

Aaron wrote:
[snip]
There should be a way to use Cygwin under Windows and a program such
as jhead to read the Exif comments and apply them as text using
ImageMagick. That's something I may look into for a future article.

[snip]

jhead and ImageMagick work under windows *without* having to use Cygwin.
There are windows binaries available for both programs.

--

Len
Old May 10th 07, 04:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Aaron

And lo, l v emerged from the ether
and spake thus:
Aaron wrote:
[snip]
There should be a way to use Cygwin under Windows and a program such
as jhead to read the Exif comments and apply them as text using
ImageMagick. That's something I may look into for a future article.

[snip]

jhead and ImageMagick work under windows *without* having to use Cygwin.
There are windows binaries available for both programs.

That's true, good call. I like being able to bind programs together
with a little bash glue, though. Cygwin is a lifesaver at times.

Lately I've been using Ruby as my shell scripting bootstrapper for
things like this. Of course there is also Ruby for Windows, which
works quite well. I recommend both.