DV Camcorder with DV In enabled?

Old September 24th 06, 04:16 PM posted to rec.photo.marketplace.digital
Tony H.

Default DV Camcorder with DV In enabled?

Hi, based in the UK, I am looking to buy a DV Camcorder to replace my trusty
but now not
functioning Sony TRV 10E. My main requirement is that the camcorder MUST
have DV In enabled in order for me to send the finished tape (post editing
on the PC) back to the camcorder. When I bought the original Sony in 1998, I
also bought a widget which enabled the unit, but it doesn't look like you
can do this with newer models?

Any suggestions welcomed, JVC, Canon, Sony, Samsung, others, main priority
is DV In facility, thanks in advance.

Tony H.

Old September 25th 06, 01:57 AM posted to rec.photo.marketplace.digital
dj_nme

Tony H. wrote:
Hi, based in the UK, I am looking to buy a DV Camcorder to replace my trusty
but now not
functioning Sony TRV 10E. My main requirement is that the camcorder MUST
have DV In enabled in order for me to send the finished tape (post editing
on the PC) back to the camcorder. When I bought the original Sony in 1998, I
also bought a widget which enabled the unit, but it doesn't look like you
can do this with newer models?

Any suggestions welcomed, JVC, Canon, Sony, Samsung, others, main priority
is DV In facility, thanks in advance.

Tony H.

Wouldn't it be a better idea to burn the finished video onto a DVD?
At least that way you'd have the video as a file on your computers' HD
as well as a hard copy that could be played on any DVD player.
That seems to be the philosophy behind all of the DV and miniDV
available today.
I'm not sure why you'd want to put the finished video back onto your DV cam.
Old September 27th 06, 08:08 PM posted to rec.photo.marketplace.digital
David Ruether

"dj_nme" wrote in message ...
Tony H. wrote:
[...]

DVD quality from the best Mini-DV is lower; in my experience it is STILL
hard to write reliable DVDs(!); it is still relatively hard to edit MPEG2
compared with Mini-DV if the OP decides to reedit the video; Mini-DV
tape (properly stored) is still a good storage medium...
--
David Ruether

http://www.ferrario.com/ruether

Old September 27th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.photo.marketplace.digital
dj_nme

David Ruether wrote:

"dj_nme" wrote in message ...

Tony H. wrote:

[...]

This hasn't been my experience.
I have noticed that playing video (DVD or a video file) footage on a
computer makes it look much worse than it does when displayed on an
actual television screen, as opposed to the way it looks on the computer
monitor.
The quality of your DVD is directly related to the software that you're
using to edit, encode and burn the footage onto a DVD with.
I stream the footage via firewire (IEEE 1394) from my camera to computer
and then edit and save as both an AVI file and DVD.
My DVDs (so far) appear identical on a large screen TV compared to the
same footage being played directly from the AV out on my mini-DV camera.