Value Question

Old September 11th 06, 08:22 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Chris Loffredo

Default Value Question

I have a Leica iiif
#687 298

All lenses and the flash are Leitz...
35 mm has no Ser. Number
50 mm is Nr. 1000507
90 mm is Nr. 1081415
With: parallax viewfinder, syncro flash, a few
filters, Weston 715 light meter, all in an original leather case...
Shutter was rebuilt about 8 years ago, only 2 rolls shot since rebuild...

Ballpark of sale value anyone???

I have seen bodies for sale, but never a set as complete as this is.
I imagine (hope?) that would add a significant value... yes? no?

Depends which lenses, the condition of everything, etc.

The pieces are probably worth more singly than as a set.
Old September 12th 06, 05:13 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
~-x-y-~

I have a Leica iiif

Old September 12th 06, 07:30 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
jeremy

"~-x-y-~" wrote in message

I have seen bodies for sale, but never a set as complete as this is.
I imagine (hope?) that would add a significant value... yes? no?

Not necessarily, as potential buyers might already own some or all of the
individual components. Even buyers that would take the whole package would
expect a discounted price for having let you unload the whole lot on them.

You will probably see a higher return by offering the components
individually, unless you just happen to come across a buyer that wants it
all and is willing to pay a premium to get it all at once. Seems unlikely
to me.