BEST CHOICE: Canon IXUS 430 (S410), Nikon Coolpix 4200 or MinoltaDimage G400?

Old June 29th 04, 10:18 PM
Veggie

Default BEST CHOICE: Canon IXUS 430 (S410), Nikon Coolpix 4200 or MinoltaDimage G400?

A few weeks ago, I bought a Canon S410. For me, it was the right mix
between size and image quality. I looked seriously at the ultra
compacts, but the image quality was always an issue with the really
small cameras. There are a few websites out there that take sample
images using many different cameras.

The Dimage's image quality didn't seem to be as good as the Canon.
Nikon I never really looked at seriously. I guess I never forgave them
for the weird swiveling design they used a few years ago. (They don't
use that design anymore.) Apologies to any Nikon swivel fans out there,
just my opinion

Lastly, the Canon has a couple of side benefits too:

- uses compact flash (significantly cheaper than xd, sd, memory stick,
etc)
- batteries are commonplace. There are several generic brands which
sell at an economical price. I paid about $7, shipped. I would have
preferred standard AA (UM-3) cells, but cameras that use those are much
larger.

Etienne Jacobs wrote:

Dear reader,
I like to buy a compact, digital camera of 4Mpx and I'm hesitating between 3
Minolta Dimage G400, Canon IXUS 430 (S410) or Nikon Coolpix 4200

Which one would you recommend? Why?

Thans a lot for your response!!

best regards,
Etiënne Jacobs