Developer recommendation for Efka film

Old August 26th 04, 03:43 AM
Frank Pittel

Default Developer recommendation for Efka film

I've been looking into trying Efka25 a try and was wondering if anyone has a
recommendation for what developer I should use for it. For those that don't know
I use a Jobo processor, I like dilute developers, I'm more interested in
tonality then grain. I also am not interested in mixing my developer from
scratch or using a developer that I get as a powder.

-------------------

Old August 26th 04, 04:07 AM
PieterB

www.digitaltruth.com

--
mvg Pieter Baele
[JID]

Old August 26th 04, 07:41 AM
John

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 21:43:33 -0500, Frank Pittel
wrote:

I like dilute developers, I'm more interested in
tonality then grain. I also am not interested in mixing my developer from
scratch or using a developer that I get as a powder.

Haven't tried it but I'd go with DDX.

Regards,

John S. Douglas, Photographer - http://www.darkroompro.com
Please remove the "_" when replying via email

Old August 26th 04, 08:19 AM
john

"PieterB" wrote in message
news
www.digitaltruth.com

Their charts are guidelines, and sometimes way off. FWIW.

Old August 26th 04, 08:19 AM
john

Old August 26th 04, 08:29 AM
john

"Frank Pittel" wrote in message

I've been looking into trying Efka25 a try and was wondering if anyone has
recommendation for what developer I should use for it.

You and me both. What a puzzle. Efke 25 develops in something like 5 minutes
with constant agitation and Neofin Blue. I'd reply with my usual mantra of
Rodinal 1:100 but the low developer capacity of the Jobo might exhaust the
developer too quickly. Good old D-76 1:3 might just be the ticket here,
Frank. I do think I'll start there myself.