B&H is sharing your data! Sharing your DATA!!!

Old December 8th 17, 09:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
peter

Default B&H is sharing your data! Sharing your DATA!!!

Ken Hart wrote:

On 2017-12-07 05:03:53 +0000, PeterN said:

On 12/6/2017 1:53 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , peter
wrote:

If I order something from Amazon, I do not have to sign in, nor do I even
have to give them my credit card. What is strange about that is they are
using an old credit card that has expired. My new one has a different
security code, expiration date, and billing address

the bank pushed the updated information to amazon.

And violate banking laws?

You have probably waved them...

About as believable as ANYTHING else on The Net and especially Usenet.

I've used Amazon and other sales sites on the net for years,
and if my card is expired, they LET ME KNOW, and NO WAY in hell
does my bank give them my new card number, let alone anything else.

My card number DOESN'T even TELL them who my bank (Credit Union) is..

Actually, it might.
From Wikipedia: "The leading six digits of the card number is the
"issuer identification number (IIN)", sometimes referred to as the "bank
identification number (BIN)"."

Absolutely correct. There are certain websites where upon check out, there
is no visible indication of the type of credit card being used. You just
put in the digits, and the type of credit card will automatically appear.

—
PeterN
Old December 9th 17, 12:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On 8 Dec 2017 18:05:27 GMT, peter
wrote:

Eric Stevens wrote:
On Thu, 07 Dec 2017 16:09:57 -0800, Savageduck
wrote:

On Dec 7, 2017, Bill W wrote
(in ):

On Fri, 08 Dec 2017 11:39:30 +1300, Eric Stevens
wrote:

On Thu, 07 Dec 2017 16:40:33 -0500,
wrote:

Snip

buy gas twice in the same day. they love that one.

I've bought gas three times in one day and twice the next day - and
nobody blinked. They probably recognised that each purchase was
several hundred miles from the previous purchase.

I've been flagged for that, but I was also on the road.

Hell! Several times I have filled up two cars at two different pumps at the
same time with the same card, not so much as a peep from the bank. I have
also done the multiple fill-ups on the same and following day, also without
reaction from the bank.

After years of using my card around Auckland (NZ) I flew to Geneva
(Switzerland) to visit my daughter. My bank got all twitchy when I
used my card to withdraw some cash in Geneva. They seem to be watching
for changes in the pattern of card use.

That may be part of their algorithm.

Yes. Now when I'm going overseas I ring them up and tell them. Their
idea.

Eric Stevens
Old December 9th 17, 12:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

After years of using my card around Auckland (NZ) I flew to Geneva
(Switzerland) to visit my daughter. My bank got all twitchy when I
used my card to withdraw some cash in Geneva. They seem to be watching
for changes in the pattern of card use.

That may be part of their algorithm.

Yes. Now when I'm going overseas I ring them up and tell them. Their
idea.

some card issuers determine that automatically, such as from purchases
of airline tickets and/or hotel reservations in the destination
country.
Old December 9th 17, 04:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Fri, 08 Dec 2017 18:32:14 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

After years of using my card around Auckland (NZ) I flew to Geneva
(Switzerland) to visit my daughter. My bank got all twitchy when I
used my card to withdraw some cash in Geneva. They seem to be watching
for changes in the pattern of card use.

That may be part of their algorithm.

Yes. Now when I'm going overseas I ring them up and tell them. Their
idea.

some card issuers determine that automatically, such as from purchases
of airline tickets and/or hotel reservations in the destination
country.

They may do that now but this was some years ago.

Eric Stevens