FLASH METER IV

Old August 9th 08, 01:55 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Lawrence Akutagawa

Default FLASH METER IV

wrote in message
Hi all
Does anyone know if the Flash Meter IV requires both battery pockets
to be filled for it work correctly.
It has pockets for both a AA & a 4S(L)R 44. Or could it damage it to
have both installed at once?
Better yet; how can I obtain an instruction manual quickly. I live in
Northern Calif.

Drew -

Do some basic research on the net, including the website of the meter
manufacturer. Also send a query to the email address of the meter
manufacturer's customer service, which email address can be usually found by
closely examining the homepage of that meter manufacturer. Got that? Good!

Old August 9th 08, 02:46 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
____

In article ,
"Lawrence Akutagawa" wrote:

wrote in message
Hi all
Does anyone know if the Flash Meter IV requires both battery pockets
to be filled for it work correctly.
It has pockets for both a AA & a 4S(L)R 44. Or could it damage it to
have both installed at once?
Better yet; how can I obtain an instruction manual quickly. I live in
Northern Calif.

Drew -

Do some basic research on the net, including the website of the meter
manufacturer. Also send a query to the email address of the meter
manufacturer's customer service, which email address can be usually found by
closely examining the homepage of that meter manufacturer. Got that? Good!

Minolta is out of business. Got that? Good!

--
Reality is a picture perfected and never looking back.
Old August 9th 08, 03:22 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Jean-David Beyer

____ wrote:
In article ,
"Lawrence Akutagawa" wrote:

wrote in message
Hi all
Does anyone know if the Flash Meter IV requires both battery pockets
to be filled for it work correctly.
It has pockets for both a AA & a 4S(L)R 44. Or could it damage it to
have both installed at once?
Better yet; how can I obtain an instruction manual quickly. I live in
Northern Calif.

Drew -

Do some basic research on the net, including the website of the meter
manufacturer. Also send a query to the email address of the meter
manufacturer's customer service, which email address can be usually found by
closely examining the homepage of that meter manufacturer. Got that? Good!

Minolta is out of business. Got that? Good!

Try he

http://www.derrybryson.com/manuals/Minolta/MINOLTA EXPOSURE METERS/

It does not seem to have a battery compartment as you describe.

^^-^^ 10:20:01 up 2 days, 16:26, 4 users, load average: 4.15, 4.22, 4.24
Old August 9th 08, 03:26 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Lawrence Akutagawa

"____" wrote in message
"Lawrence Akutagawa" wrote:

wrote in message
Hi all
Does anyone know if the Flash Meter IV requires both battery pockets
to be filled for it work correctly.
It has pockets for both a AA & a 4S(L)R 44. Or could it damage it to
have both installed at once?
Better yet; how can I obtain an instruction manual quickly. I live in
Northern Calif.

Drew -

Do some basic research on the net, including the website of the meter
manufacturer. Also send a query to the email address of the meter
manufacturer's customer service, which email address can be usually found
by
closely examining the homepage of that meter manufacturer. Got that?
Good!

Minolta is out of business. Got that? Good!

OK, OK....to belie your words and their implication that the information is
not available to you on the net, I did work on the MInolta light meter III
and came up with this partial list of what is available there....

http://ca.konicaminolta.com/products...cc_meters.html

http://members.aol.com/manualminolta/meters.htm

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/minolta.htm

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/minolta...ometer_iii.htm

I bet you dollar to donuts that you put out your post for information
without getting off your duff to do your own research because there is
plenty of similar information on the Minolta Flash Meter IV out there. All
you have to do is look for what it is that you are looking for. Maybe -
just maybe - you are possibly one of those who needs someone to wipe your
rear end as well? Got that? GOOD!!!!

Old August 9th 08, 03:40 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Jean-David Beyer

Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:
"____" wrote in message
"Lawrence Akutagawa" wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

I do not see Flash Meter IV on that page.

http://members.aol.com/manualminolta/meters.htm

No manuals on that page.

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/minolta.htm

This one has it. It even describes the other battery.

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/minolta...ometer_iii.htm

That one is for autometer IIII

I bet you dollar to donuts that you put out your post for information
without getting off your duff to do your own research because there is
plenty of similar information on the Minolta Flash Meter IV out there. All
you have to do is look for what it is that you are looking for. Maybe -
just maybe - you are possibly one of those who needs someone to wipe your
rear end as well? Got that? GOOD!!!!

^^-^^ 10:35:01 up 2 days, 16:41, 4 users, load average: 4.11, 4.17, 4.18
Old August 9th 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
John[_16_]

The IVF uses a single 1.5V AA battery.
Old August 9th 08, 04:14 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
John[_16_]

MY ERROR

I was thinking of the autometer IV.
Old August 9th 08, 04:18 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
John[_16_]

http://www.cameramanuals.org/minolta...er_iv_inst.pdf

One battery powers the meter and the other powers the optional IR
transmitter feature. The later battery is optional. Install both and be
happy. Now get the manual from Mr. Butkus and to say Thank You, consider
donating a few bucks to his effort.
Old August 9th 08, 04:45 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Lawrence Akutagawa

"Jean-David Beyer" wrote in message
Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:
"____" wrote in message
"Lawrence Akutagawa" wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

Glory be! You - like Drew - one of those who have to have their rear ends
wiped as well? Didn't you read *everything* that I wrote? Did I not say
that I researched the Minolta light meter III? How is it that when I said I
researched the light meter III you expect me to have researched Drew's Flash
Meter IV? I mean - why on earth do *I* have to research Drew's Flash Meter
IV? Can he not get off his duff and do as per his Flash Meter IV what I
did? c'mon now...just how come all you folks like Drew and yourself so
helpless? Maybe my English is just not good enough for you guys?

Old August 15th 08, 07:30 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Lawrence Akutagawa

wrote in message
On Aug 9, 7:40 am, Jean-David Beyer wrote:
Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:
"____" wrote in message

http://ca.konicaminolta.com/products...s/slr/acc/acc_...

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/minolta...iii/minolta_au...

That one is for autometer IIII

I bet you dollar to donuts that you put out your post for information
without getting off your duff to do your own research because there is
plenty of similar information on the Minolta Flash Meter IV out there.
All
you have to do is look for what it is that you are looking for. Maybe -
just maybe - you are possibly one of those who needs someone to wipe
your
rear end as well? Got that? GOOD!!!!

^^-^^ 10:35:01 up 2 days, 16:41, 4 users, load average: 4.11, 4.17, 4.18

Thank you Jean-David
I down loaded Butkus's FM IV PDF instructions. And did send him by
PayPal an amount well in excess of $3. This type of internet
information is desperately needed & I deeply appreciate it, not just
for photography, but for all sorts of devices.

As for Mr. Lawrence Akulagawa, he's in my prayers. When I was younger
I had unfettered rage. I know how painful it is. The fact is that I
did Google for FM IV instructions, & did not find any. Although I hate
to admit it but I'm dyslexic, and not very skilled at on line
searches. Butkus's site is a real find for me.
Thanks to all