Using light meter as Enlarger meter

Old March 21st 06, 09:36 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default Using light meter as Enlarger meter

I just heard about this today and was wondering if anyone can give in
simple terms how to go about doing that with my Sekonic light meter.

Or where I can read up more about it.

Used for giving exposer times and can this also be a why to also read the
density of the B&W negitive?

Thanks,

Barney
Old March 21st 06, 11:48 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

"Barney" wrote in message
.. .
I just heard about this today and was wondering if anyone
can give in
simple terms how to go about doing that with my Sekonic
light meter.

Or where I can read up more about it.

Used for giving exposer times and can this also be a why
to also read the
density of the B&W negitive?

Thanks,

Barney

I don't know about the Sekonic but I got the enlarging
attachment for my old Luna Pro and find it useless because
the meter is not sensitive enough.
If your meter is sensitive enough you can get relative
readings from highlight and shadow areas. This will give
you some idea of the contrast of the negative. A simple
meter can also get you into the ball park for exposure. The
one I use is the Ilford EM-10, originally intended for
Ilfochrome printing but very useful for all enlarging. Its a
simple meter which allows repeating an exposure. It
eliminates the need for re-testing if the magnification is
changed and will give you an approximate exposure for new
negatives.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old March 22nd 06, 03:14 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

As a sort of "p.s." a Luna-Pro is much more sensitive to low light that a
Sekonic (if you mean one of the older Sekonics). And the Gossen enlarger
attachment is "almost" useless. A new EM-10 is about $30.00 in the USA,
less than the Luna-Pro attachment.

--
darkroommike

"Richard Knoppow" wrote in message