1770 The date Australia lost it's independence

Old June 11th 07, 01:23 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Avery

Default 1770 The date Australia lost it's independence

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 16:57:42 -0700, Ryadia
wrote:

On Jun 10, 9:18 pm, "Doug Jewell" wrote:
"Ryadia" wrote in ...
Australia was "discovered" by Lieutenant James Cook in 1770 when he came
ashore at the place called 1770. Australia lost it's independence that day
as he claimed the place for the British.

Attention to detail d-mac - cook first landed at botany bay, not at 1770.

http://www.ryadia.com/PFF/June/cooks-landing.htm

I imagine sailing down the east coast of Australia, he'd have to pass
this spot on his way to Sydney. Yes? No?
http://www.ryadia.com/PFF/June/cooks-landing.htm

In April 1770 Cook, after exploring the coast of New Zealand headed
west till he sighted the southeast corner of Australia. He then turned
north and landed at Botany Bay. In May he continued north and next
made landfall at Bustard Bay on May 24th.

I know it is hard for you Doug, but you do have to at least try to get
it right.
Old June 11th 07, 01:32 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Joan

It's amazing how the management of your country has deteriorated and
the arrogance increased in 60 years.

--
Joan

"William Graham" wrote in message
. ..
:
: We should have "stayed home" in May, 1942, also........Then you guys
would
: have known what misery really is.......
:
:

Old June 11th 07, 01:54 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Ryadia

On Jun 11, 10:16 am, "mmnospam" mmnospam@thanks wrote:
"Ryadia" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Jun 10, 9:18 pm, "Doug Jewell" wrote:
"Ryadia" wrote in ...
Australia was "discovered" by Lieutenant James Cook in 1770 when he
came
ashore at the place called 1770. Australia lost it's independence that
day
as he claimed the place for the British.

Attention to detail d-mac - cook first landed at botany bay, not at 1770.

http://www.ryadia.com/PFF/June/cooks-landing.htm

I imagine sailing down the east coast of Australia, he'd have to pass
this spot on his way to Sydney. Yes? No?
http://www.ryadia.com/PFF/June/cooks-landing.htm

Ryadia, he sailed north up the coast --

http://www.the-great-barrier-reef-ex...ery-of-the-gre...

Thank you for that. Not having been schooled in Australia, I have only
the "Red necks" (my friends, incidentally) information to guide.

Old June 11th 07, 01:55 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Ryadia

On Jun 11, 8:29 am, "Eric Hocking"
wrote:
"Ryadia" wrote in ...
Australia was "discovered" by Lieutenant James Cook in 1770 when he came
ashore at the place called 1770. Australia lost it's independence that day
as he claimed the place for the British.

Australia could not have lost it's independence to the Brits in 1770.

Australia as a nation didn't EXIST until it was CLAIMED by the Brits.

Then it was POPULATED by the Brits.

Typical Queenslander red-neck to forget that some other people had already
populated New Holland way before us whiteys got there.

--
Eric Hocking
"A closed mouth gathers no feet"

Oh what a BIGOT you are Eric. Forget the "real" Australian's did you?
Let's see now... Terra Australis
Inhabited by Aboriginal people for thousands of years before so called
explorers invaded the place and decided to kill off the care taking
people who took such great care of the place and make it a British
colony where they could send all the thieves, pimps and prostitutes
from England. Yeah. Don't you just love the Pomies?
New Holland. I love it.
How many thousands of Kilometers do you think a country needs to be
from where another country's explorer's land before it can be called a
different country? 1000?, No? 2000? How about 4500 Klm away?

The world according Eric. Left is Europe. Right is British, Top is
Dutch Bottom is American. And then.... You fall off the edge when you
turn around to miss the boomerang!

Old June 11th 07, 04:26 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Alan K.

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 09:01:48 +1000, "mmnospam" mmnospam@thanks
wrote:
"Eric Hocking" wrote in message
Australia could not have lost it's independence to the Brits in 1770.

Australia as a nation didn't EXIST until it was CLAIMED by the Brits.

Then it was POPULATED by the Brits.

First Fleet (the beginning of British occupation) -- 1778

{Cough} ITYM 17*8*8...

Australia as a nation -- 1901

Old June 11th 07, 04:51 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Terryc

Annika1980 wrote:

Hey, that could still happen ... as long as that chimp is in charge.
You guys have any oil and ****? If so, we'll be happy to come in and
kill a few thousand of you to free you from your oppressive regime.

More than likely for uranium, which AFAIKI we have the majority of the
world supply, but given the continuing actions of past and present prime
ministers, invasion will be totally unneccessary and they will just kiss
butt and hand it over very, very, cheaply.

You do realise that we stripped this country of iron to send to Japan
before WWII?

Old June 11th 07, 04:53 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Terryc

William Graham wrote:

We should have "stayed home" in May, 1942, also........Then you guys would
have known what misery really is.......

Err, nope. We already had them at a standstill. you just made the
fightback shorter, (we think).

Old June 11th 07, 05:07 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
mmnospam

"William Graham" wrote in message
. ..

"Pete D" wrote in message

"Annika1980" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 10, 5:15 am, "Ryadia" wrote:

Oh well, It could have been worse, we could have been invaded by
American's
using an army of mass destruction, looking for weapons of mass
destruction.

Hey, that could still happen ... as long as that chimp is in charge.
You guys have any oil and ****? If so, we'll be happy to come in and
kill a few thousand of you to free you from your oppressive regime.

We will be ok I am sure, keep your chimp at home please.

We should have "stayed home" in May, 1942, also........Then you guys would
have known what misery really is.......

thanks for getting involved in that war at the halfway mark

Old June 11th 07, 05:24 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Jeff R.

"Terryc" wrote in message

You do realise that we stripped this country of iron to send to Japan
before WWII?

Actually, it was scrap iron (pig), and only some ship-loads which began the
Pig Iron Bob (Menzies) legend. Hardly "stripping" the country. Lang
Hancock didn't even *find* the Pilbara iron 'til 1952.

Still - never let the facts...

--
Jeff R.

Old June 11th 07, 07:07 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Terryc

Jeff R. wrote:
"Terryc" wrote in message

You do realise that we stripped this country of iron to send to Japan
before WWII?

Actually, it was scrap iron (pig), and only some ship-loads which began the
Pig Iron Bob (Menzies) legend. Hardly "stripping" the country. Lang
Hancock didn't even *find* the Pilbara iron 'til 1952.

Still - never let the facts...

And where do you think that scrap came from?
Lots of industrial archeology went into that scrap.
We were stripping the coutryside bare for it.