1770 The date Australia lost it's independence

Old June 10th 07, 10:15 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Ryadia[_3_]

Default 1770 The date Australia lost it's independence

Australia was "discovered" by Lieutenant James Cook in 1770 when he came
ashore at the place called 1770. Australia lost it's independence that day
as he claimed the place for the British.

Oh well, It could have been worse, we could have been invaded by American's
using an army of mass destruction, looking for weapons of mass destruction.

http://www.ryadia.com/pod/June/10-06-07.htm

Old June 10th 07, 12:18 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Doug Jewell

"Ryadia" wrote in message ...
Australia was "discovered" by Lieutenant James Cook in 1770 when he came
ashore at the place called 1770. Australia lost it's independence that day
as he claimed the place for the British.

Attention to detail d-mac - cook first landed at botany bay, not at 1770.

Old June 10th 07, 04:24 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Annika1980

On Jun 10, 5:15 am, "Ryadia" wrote:

Oh well, It could have been worse, we could have been invaded by American's
using an army of mass destruction, looking for weapons of mass destruction.

Hey, that could still happen ... as long as that chimp is in charge.
You guys have any oil and ****? If so, we'll be happy to come in and
kill a few thousand of you to free you from your oppressive regime.

Old June 10th 07, 10:15 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Pete D[_2_]

"Annika1980" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 10, 5:15 am, "Ryadia" wrote:

Oh well, It could have been worse, we could have been invaded by
American's
using an army of mass destruction, looking for weapons of mass
destruction.

Hey, that could still happen ... as long as that chimp is in charge.
You guys have any oil and ****? If so, we'll be happy to come in and
kill a few thousand of you to free you from your oppressive regime.

We will be ok I am sure, keep your chimp at home please.

Old June 10th 07, 11:14 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Alan K.

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 08:24:35 -0700, Annika1980
wrote:
On Jun 10, 5:15 am, "Ryadia" wrote:
Oh well, It could have been worse, we could have been invaded by American's
using an army of mass destruction, looking for weapons of mass destruction.

Hey, that could still happen ... as long as that chimp is in charge.
You guys have any oil and ****? If so, we'll be happy to come in and
kill a few thousand of you to free you from your oppressive regime.

I have no particular objection with two provisos:
(a) The invasion happens in Queensland; and
(b) I get a live feed from the slam-cams of a couple of AGM-65s as
they cruise into an idiot troll's boat to clear the way for the LST's.

And I want a GOOD feed too; I want to be able to see the look on
Douggie's face just before impact. The one which says "Oh s**t! Maybe
I should have done something constructive with my life instead of just
making a fool of myself on Usene... [transmission ends]
Old June 10th 07, 11:29 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Eric Hocking

"Ryadia" wrote in message ...
Australia was "discovered" by Lieutenant James Cook in 1770 when he came
ashore at the place called 1770. Australia lost it's independence that day
as he claimed the place for the British.

Australia could not have lost it's independence to the Brits in 1770.

Australia as a nation didn't EXIST until it was CLAIMED by the Brits.

Then it was POPULATED by the Brits.

Typical Queenslander red-neck to forget that some other people had already
populated New Holland way before us whiteys got there.

--
Eric Hocking
"A closed mouth gathers no feet"

Old June 10th 07, 11:32 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
William Graham

On Jun 10, 5:15 am, "Ryadia" wrote:

Oh well, It could have been worse, we could have been invaded by
American's
using an army of mass destruction, looking for weapons of mass
destruction.

Hey, that could still happen ... as long as that chimp is in charge.
You guys have any oil and ****? If so, we'll be happy to come in and
kill a few thousand of you to free you from your oppressive regime.

We will be ok I am sure, keep your chimp at home please.

We should have "stayed home" in May, 1942, also........Then you guys would
have known what misery really is.......

Old June 11th 07, 12:01 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
mmnospam

"Eric Hocking" wrote in message
"Ryadia" wrote in message ...
Australia was "discovered" by Lieutenant James Cook in 1770 when he came
ashore at the place called 1770. Australia lost it's independence that
day as he claimed the place for the British.

Australia could not have lost it's independence to the Brits in 1770.

Australia as a nation didn't EXIST until it was CLAIMED by the Brits.

Then it was POPULATED by the Brits.

First Fleet (the beginning of British occupation) -- 1778
Australia as a nation -- 1901

Typical Queenslander red-neck to forget that some other people had already
populated New Holland way before us whiteys got there.

Captain Cook wasn't a Queenslander.
"New Holland" is a whitey term

Old June 11th 07, 12:57 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Ryadia

On Jun 10, 9:18 pm, "Doug Jewell" wrote:
"Ryadia" wrote in ...
Australia was "discovered" by Lieutenant James Cook in 1770 when he came
ashore at the place called 1770. Australia lost it's independence that day
as he claimed the place for the British.

Attention to detail d-mac - cook first landed at botany bay, not at 1770.

http://www.ryadia.com/PFF/June/cooks-landing.htm

I imagine sailing down the east coast of Australia, he'd have to pass
this spot on his way to Sydney. Yes? No?
http://www.ryadia.com/PFF/June/cooks-landing.htm

Old June 11th 07, 01:16 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
mmnospam

"Ryadia" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 10, 9:18 pm, "Doug Jewell" wrote:
"Ryadia" wrote in ...
Australia was "discovered" by Lieutenant James Cook in 1770 when he
came
ashore at the place called 1770. Australia lost it's independence that
day
as he claimed the place for the British.

Attention to detail d-mac - cook first landed at botany bay, not at 1770.

http://www.ryadia.com/PFF/June/cooks-landing.htm

I imagine sailing down the east coast of Australia, he'd have to pass
this spot on his way to Sydney. Yes? No?
http://www.ryadia.com/PFF/June/cooks-landing.htm

Ryadia, he sailed north up the coast --

http://www.the-great-barrier-reef-ex...rier-reef.html