(February, 19th) Samba time !

Old February 21st 07, 06:13 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

Default (February, 19th) Samba time !

On Feb 21, 1:16 am, "Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote:

A 'fox paws' is it?

LOL!

Old February 21st 07, 06:30 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Don McC

"William Graham" ponders:

Which reminds me: How do you get those accent marks (umlauts
and upside down question marks and the like) to appear over and
under your letters....Is there a list of control characters somewhere
that I can use for this?

Go to Start Programs Accessories System Tools Character Map
Click on the character that you want and its "key" will appear.
C cedilla is Alt + 0231 ç. The cent sign is Alt + 0162 ¢.
That is, depress the "Alt" key and type "0231."
These characters may not appear properly in all newsreaders.

If you use special characters frequently, they may be programmed as
"hot keys." Special fonts are also available. I use one for statisticians
that has numerous mathematical symbols available on the keyboard.

--
Don

Old February 21st 07, 09:58 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

On Feb 21, 1:36 am, wrote:

Yes, you are correct! My mistake, I spelled it wrong. It was a long
night last night! I don't have the french accents on my keyboard
either so I have to make do with what I have.

don't worry too much, Helen. I was just being a
bit pedantic myself. Get some rest, top lady.

Old February 21st 07, 09:13 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"Don McC" wrote in message
"William Graham" ponders:

Which reminds me: How do you get those accent marks (umlauts
and upside down question marks and the like) to appear over and
under your letters....Is there a list of control characters somewhere
that I can use for this?

Go to Start Programs Accessories System Tools Character Map
Click on the character that you want and its "key" will appear.
C cedilla is Alt + 0231 ç. The cent sign is Alt + 0162 ¢.
That is, depress the "Alt" key and type "0231."
These characters may not appear properly in all newsreaders.

If you use special characters frequently, they may be programmed as
"hot keys." Special fonts are also available. I use one for
statisticians
that has numerous mathematical symbols available on the keyboard.

As long as I've got your attention, maybe you can help me with something
else....I almost always, when typing, hit the ; key instead of the ' key,
which is just one key to the right. This means that contractions, like don't
come out don;t, so I have to go over my text in order to correct all these.
Is it possible to get both these keys to give me a ' ? Or, is there a way to
change ; to ' in all?
TIA.

Old February 22nd 07, 01:59 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Feb 21, 4:58 am, "Noons" wrote:
On Feb 21, 1:36 am, wrote:

Yes, you are correct! My mistake, I spelled it wrong. It was a long
night last night! I don't have the french accents on my keyboard
either so I have to make do with what I have.

don't worry too much, Helen. I was just being a
bit pedantic myself. Get some rest, top lady.

Lol....thanks Noons. I most definitely need it too!
Helen

Old February 22nd 07, 04:29 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Don McC

"William Graham" queries:

As long as I've got your attention, maybe you can help me with
something else....I almost always, when typing, hit the ; key instead
of the ' key, which is just one key to the right. This means that
contractions, like don't come out don;t, so I have to go over my text
in order to correct all these. Is it possible to get both these keys to
give me a ' ? Or, is there a way to change ; to ' in all? TIA.

Apparently, it involves hacking the keyboard driver. I do know that
there are programs for this that will, for instance, install an alternative
to the QWERTY keyboard layout. So I asked the experts.
http://tinyurl.com/2e6av9

--
Don

Old February 22nd 07, 07:41 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"Don McC" wrote in message
news
"William Graham" queries:

As long as I've got your attention, maybe you can help me with
something else....I almost always, when typing, hit the ; key instead
of the ' key, which is just one key to the right. This means that
contractions, like don't come out don;t, so I have to go over my text
in order to correct all these. Is it possible to get both these keys to
give me a ' ? Or, is there a way to change ; to ' in all? TIA.

Apparently, it involves hacking the keyboard driver. I do know that
there are programs for this that will, for instance, install an
alternative
to the QWERTY keyboard layout. So I asked the experts.
http://tinyurl.com/2e6av9

--
Don

Well, I really wanted the semicolon key to produce an apostrophe, and not a
comma, but the answer they come up with will tell how to do either one, I'm
sure.......Thanks for asking them......

Old February 22nd 07, 07:15 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Don McC

"William Graham" wrote:

Well, I really wanted the semicolon key to produce an
apostrophe, and not a comma, but the answer they
come up with will tell how to do either one, I'm sure
.......Thanks for asking them......

This appears to be more what you're looking for, William.
http://www.programurl.com/software/keyboard-keys.htm

--
Don

Old February 23rd 07, 12:20 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"Don McC" wrote in message
"William Graham" wrote:

Well, I really wanted the semicolon key to produce an
apostrophe, and not a comma, but the answer they
come up with will tell how to do either one, I'm sure
.......Thanks for asking them......

This appears to be more what you're looking for, William.
http://www.programurl.com/software/keyboard-keys.htm

--
Don

It sure is....Thanks.....I will turn my semi-colon key into an apostrophe
key, and make one of the function keys a semicolon key. Then I won't have
any "don;ts" anymore......If they were easily correctable with the built-in
spell checker, it wouldn't be so bad, but they aren't. I have to abort the
spell check, and go back to the text and correct it there, which is a royal
PITA!