ABES OF Maine

Old July 12th 04, 02:06 AM
Gary Eickmeier

Default ABES OF Maine

nikki wrote:
I was responding to the OP's request for info on Abes. His name is
Michael, not GP. You might want to read a message before you respond
to it, Gary.
nikki

Gary Eickmeier wrote in message ...

nikki wrote:

Michael Neville wrote in message news:TYZGc.9898$eO.3615@edtnps89...

My wife is thinking of ordering a lens on-line from Abes of Maine. Any
stories about ABes that I should be aware of before we ink the deal?

Thanks
Michael

From the reviews I have seen on the internet, Abes has a reputation as
switch artists. Lots of people have written about bad experiences with
Abes. I've never used them and probably never will. Look at B&H Photo.
I have used them(100% satisfied). They are about the cheapest and have
the highest rating And the most sales on the internet.
nikki

On my server the OP for this thread is J?rg Preddiman. Are you saying
your response was re-pasted into this thread from the original?

Gary Eickmeier

Old July 14th 04, 03:36 PM
Peter A. Stavrakoglou

"nikki" wrote in message
om...
"Gene E. Bloch" wrote in message

Gary Eickmeier wrote in
om:

Gene E. Bloch wrote:

FWIW, the thread starts with George Preddy (in a slightly
Scandinavian sock puppet) in my reader too.

Perhaps in his reply GP added some newsgroups to the original
list (I'm reading it in rec.video.desktop).

Gino

Yes - thanks - but what I don't understand is how she could be
responding to any but this thread, started by Preddy. If she did
respond in the original thread, it would not appear here -

right?

Maybe all she means is that she is responding to the post WITHIN
Preddy's post. But that still seems to pay some respect to
Preddy's.

Gary Eickmeier

And of course Nikki's reply was to Preditor's post (

Gino

I don't understand all I know about this thread.
Here is the post order copied from the rec.photo.digital NG
----------------------
1 Michael Neville 7 Jul 2004
2 Stan 7 Jul 2004
3 J?rg Preddimann 11 Jul 2004
4 Gary Eickmeier 11 Jul 2004
5 Rich 11 Jul 2004
6 nikki 11 Jul 2004
7 rs 11 Jul 2004
-----------------
It start's with Michael Neville. Its a real question.(What about

Abes
of Maine?) It's starts on 7 July.
There is no mention of Sigma or Spigma or Spagma in the original

post
from Neville. I don't see a GP reply until 11 Jul.
I don't see how a valid question from a real poster(Michael is
Canadian and ...) ends up in the hands of a troll.
This is giving me a headache.
nikki

I suspect that the troll you refer to was masquerading as GP.

Old July 14th 04, 09:32 PM
Gene E. Bloch

"Peter A. Stavrakoglou" wrote in
et:

Gene E. Bloch wrote:

[...]

To clarify (that is, I'm turning off my sarcasm because it confuses
people - me among them) --

Somebody with a name that seems to be similar to "George Preddy" has
posted under that name and under various modifications to that name,
designed to look Spanish, Scandinavian, and maybe other
nationalities.

Whether he originates posts or replies to other posts, he always
seems to be a troll, IMHO and that of others that have posted on NGs
that I frequent, posting things that seem to fly in the face of
reason and/or common knowledge. He's also very persistent.

I imagine that he wants to give people headaches, for reasons that I
can't guess or fathom, so please don't reward him (or her?) by
admitting to such a result :-)

HTH,
Gino

--
Gene E. Bloch (Gino) phone 650.966.8481
Call me letters find me at domain blochg whose dot is com