(OT) What would it take?

Old October 19th 04, 12:14 AM
McLeod

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 19:20:09 +0200, Dallas
wrote:

I don't shoot in RAW because that involves even more time in front of the
screen.

If you don't shoot in RAW and are spending time in Photoshop
correcting you are going to be jpegging a jpeg every time you make a
change and destroying your image. Your jpeg, unless absolutely
neccessary for transmission, should be your final output to a device,
not your original file.

And by the way, I already explained how to batch jpeg your images in
Photoshop with a droplet...if you are so obtuse as to not understand
it I could sell it to you...being a professional I'm sure you could
write it off against your taxes!

Old October 19th 04, 01:52 AM
Brian C. Baird

In article pan.2004.10.18.15.03.29.463000@realphoto, dallas2
@pingmefirst.co.za says...
I'm so happy you ignore my years of using Photoshop professionally.

Professional Photoshop users and professional photographers are not the
same thing. This is what you fail to understand.

They're not mutually exclusive, which you can't seem to grasp. First
time I ever used Photoshop was at my cousin's. He is a professional
photographer, and you'll be happy to know, a loyal Nikon user.

I know a large amount of full-time professional photographers who HATE
working in Photoshop because of the time it takes. Would they rather be
out in the field taking photographs of naked women and other lovelies, or
sitting in front of their computers screwing around with stuff they got
wrong in the field?

What can I say? They're not using the tool properly.

Here's a question for you, Mr. Photoshop Pro;

How do I save my jpegs in batch?

Use keystrokes, not mouse clicks.
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/

Old October 19th 04, 09:44 PM
Dallas

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 00:52:15 +0000, Brian C. Baird had this to say:

Professional Photoshop users and professional photographers are not the
same thing. This is what you fail to understand.

They're not mutually exclusive, which you can't seem to grasp. First time
I ever used Photoshop was at my cousin's. He is a professional
photographer, and you'll be happy to know, a loyal Nikon user.

The brand of camera makes no difference to me. I will still call a ****
camera ****, regardless of the brand. I think the 300D is overpriced.

I also dislike the Nikon F80, F60, F65, F75 and others. In fact I don't
care all that much for camera bodies, it's lenses that matter to me.

I know a large amount of full-time professional photographers who HATE
working in Photoshop because of the time it takes. Would they rather be
out in the field taking photographs of naked women and other lovelies,
or sitting in front of their computers screwing around with stuff they
got wrong in the field?

What can I say? They're not using the tool properly.

Do they have to use that tool to remain professional?

Here's a question for you, Mr. Photoshop Pro;

How do I save my jpegs in batch?

Use keystrokes, not mouse clicks.

I will see if that works.

--
DD™
Durban, South Africa.

Old October 19th 04, 09:44 PM
Dallas

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 18:14:31 -0500, McLeod had this to say:

wrote:

I don't shoot in RAW because that involves even more time in front of the
screen.

If you don't shoot in RAW and are spending time in Photoshop correcting
you are going to be jpegging a jpeg every time you make a change and
destroying your image. Your jpeg, unless absolutely neccessary for
transmission, should be your final output to a device, not your original
file.

Has been working fine for me since 2001. Thousands of prints sold. Only
one complaint (not because of the quality, because the lab short printed).

And by the way, I already explained how to batch jpeg your images in
Photoshop with a droplet...if you are so obtuse as to not understand it I
could sell it to you...being a professional I'm sure you could write it
off against your taxes!

Maybe you weren't reading properly when I said I prefer to do big shoots
on film? This was only 16 prints I had to make.

--
DD™
Durban, South Africa.