Any currrent raw batch converter like old Bibble(v4) or CaptureOne?

Old March 16th 14, 12:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
me[_5_]

Default Any currrent raw batch converter like old Bibble(v4) or CaptureOne?

On Fri, 14 Mar 2014 11:16:45 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , me
wrote:

It sounds like you need to try Lightroom. Regardless of your feelings
regarding catalogs/libraries/databases, one of Lightroom's most powerful
features is its batch processing and syncing capability.

Have to say I had already given the demo a quick try before posting
and recoiled in horror at my initial experience.

what didn't you like?

See my replies t the Duck.

lightroom works a little differently than photoshop or other image
editor because it's also an asset manager, so its unfamiliarity might
be a little confusing at first. however, it's well worth learning
because the payoff down the line is incredibly huge.

I have no desire or need for asset management, so if that is where
your implied payoff is , it doesn't exist for me.

just about any adjustment can be synced. it's a huge productivity
boost. it's possible to do it in photoshop but not as easily.

As I have said while I have PSCS2 and PSE11 I know they and current
versions are not what I'm looking for. The quick/clean work flow that
was possible in Rawshooter/Bibble4 without additional steps/complexity
attributed to asset management is what I'm looking for. It might not
be possible any longer, but that is my real wish.
Old March 16th 14, 05:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
George Anthony[_2_]

"me" wrote in message
On Fri, 14 Mar 2014 11:16:45 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , me
wrote:

[...]

Canon's (free with camera purchase) software will do batch processing. Is
this not possible with Nikon's software?

Old March 16th 14, 05:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
nospam

In article , me
wrote:

It sounds like you need to try Lightroom. Regardless of your feelings
regarding catalogs/libraries/databases, one of Lightroom's most powerful
features is its batch processing and syncing capability.

Have to say I had already given the demo a quick try before posting
and recoiled in horror at my initial experience.

what didn't you like?

See my replies t the Duck.

lightroom works a little differently than photoshop or other image
editor because it's also an asset manager, so its unfamiliarity might
be a little confusing at first. however, it's well worth learning
because the payoff down the line is incredibly huge.

I have no desire or need for asset management, so if that is where
your implied payoff is , it doesn't exist for me.

how do you manage your photos now?

if you say finder or explorer, you are making more work for yourself,
something you say you want to avoid.

just about any adjustment can be synced. it's a huge productivity
boost. it's possible to do it in photoshop but not as easily.

As I have said while I have PSCS2 and PSE11 I know they and current
versions are not what I'm looking for. The quick/clean work flow that
was possible in Rawshooter/Bibble4 without additional steps/complexity
attributed to asset management is what I'm looking for. It might not
be possible any longer, but that is my real wish.

combining asset management and image editing simplifies the workflow by
a huge amount. it's one app to do it all rather than multiple apps.

and lightroom can be quick and clean too.
Old March 16th 14, 06:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
me[_5_]

On Sun, 16 Mar 2014 11:06:54 -0500, "George Anthony"
wrote:

Canon's (free with camera purchase) software will do batch processing. Is
this not possible with Nikon's software?

Do it, yes. do it quickly and efficiently, no.
Old March 16th 14, 07:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
me[_5_]

On Sun, 16 Mar 2014 12:26:59 -0400, nospam
wrote:

how do you manage your photos now?

if you say finder or explorer, you are making more work for yourself,
something you say you want to avoid.

combining asset management and image editing simplifies the workflow by
a huge amount. it's one app to do it all rather than multiple apps.

Not possible in some of the environments I work it. So stop pushing a
solution which doesn't work or even make sense for my use.
Old March 16th 14, 07:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
nospam

In article , me
wrote:

how do you manage your photos now?

if you say finder or explorer, you are making more work for yourself,
something you say you want to avoid.

combining asset management and image editing simplifies the workflow by
a huge amount. it's one app to do it all rather than multiple apps.

Not possible in some of the environments I work it. So stop pushing a
solution which doesn't work or even make sense for my use.

i'm not pushing anything.

however, your reasons are flawed. combining asset management and image
editing *does* simplify things and also offers features not possible
any other way.

but you're welcome to ignore all the advancements and do it the hard
way.
Old March 16th 14, 09:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
me[_5_]

On Sun, 16 Mar 2014 14:41:10 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , me
wrote:

how do you manage your photos now?

if you say finder or explorer, you are making more work for yourself,
something you say you want to avoid.

combining asset management and image editing simplifies the workflow by
a huge amount. it's one app to do it all rather than multiple apps.

Not possible in some of the environments I work it. So stop pushing a
solution which doesn't work or even make sense for my use.

i'm not pushing anything.

Sure you are. You are pushing a work flow that may not be possible.
There may be instances where one's computational environment is not
under their complete control, and may also have additional
restrictions imposed upon it which are non-negoiable.

however, your reasons are flawed. combining asset management and image
editing *does* simplify things and also offers features not possible
any other way.

but you're welcome to ignore all the advancements and do it the hard
way.

Sorry, it is your assumptions which are flawed. In one instance all
photos (raw and processed) from any given session reside only on their
own unique removable storage media by edict.

One can not hear, if they do not wish to listen.
Old March 16th 14, 09:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
nospam

In article , me
wrote:

combining asset management and image editing simplifies the workflow by
a huge amount. it's one app to do it all rather than multiple apps.

Not possible in some of the environments I work it. So stop pushing a
solution which doesn't work or even make sense for my use.

i'm not pushing anything.

Sure you are. You are pushing a work flow that may not be possible.

it's very possible.

There may be instances where one's computational environment is not
under their complete control, and may also have additional
restrictions imposed upon it which are non-negoiable.

if you are forbidden from installing apps why are you asking for
alternatives? use what you have and see if those that administer it
have any suggestions.

however, your reasons are flawed. combining asset management and image
editing *does* simplify things and also offers features not possible
any other way.

but you're welcome to ignore all the advancements and do it the hard
way.

Sorry, it is your assumptions which are flawed. In one instance all
photos (raw and processed) from any given session reside only on their
own unique removable storage media by edict.

that's not a problem.

One can not hear, if they do not wish to listen.

i can see that. your mind is made up and nothing will change it.
Old March 18th 14, 09:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Trevor[_2_]

"me" wrote in message
One can not hear, if they do not wish to listen.

Silly saying. You mean you are never annoyed by loud background noises if
you simply choose not to listen? Most people are unfortunately.

Trevor.