Snails :)

Old August 16th 04, 05:14 AM
RSD99

The picture(s) would look "a lot better" if you had used a little piece of white cardboard
.... to reflect some light into the "shadows."

"Dragon Spawn" wrote in message
Hey,

I was in my kitchen a minute ago and I saw a snail on the wall across
the garden So I ran out and took these two photos

http://dragon-spawn.co.uk/DSGallery/...s.php?album=18

What do you think?

Paulz

Old August 16th 04, 07:19 AM
Dragon Spawn

Thats not my Website

B A T M A N wrote:

I had a pop up, just the one, something about female dating galleries, it
was on your opening page.

"Dragon Spawn" wrote in message

Hehehehe, you will never find pop-ups on any of my websites, I detest
them greatly

Native Pixel Resolution?

wrote:

In message ,
Dragon Spawn wrote:

The images are 1600x1200

Just click on them and they enlarge

Thanks. I was looking for a gadget, and didn't see one. I'm not quick
to click because it's an easy way to get hijacked or get pop-ups.

They were taken with a credit card sized Pentax Option S 3Mb Pixels in
Macro mode

Then, they are already having some of their native image hidden by
resizing.

Not that I'm complaining; I generally display 6MP images at 0.43MP, but
I don't really expect anyone to praise the optics, unless they see the
native pixel resolution.

Old August 16th 04, 07:20 AM
Dragon Spawn

Ok, So on a 3 Mega Pixel photo, My native Pixel Res is 1600x1200?
wrote:

In message ,
Dragon Spawn wrote:

Native Pixel Resolution?

Same number of pixels as the sensor has.

Old August 16th 04, 07:21 AM
Dragon Spawn

Its about 2Mb in size so before I upload photos, I reduce the Jpg
quality by 20% as I have run out of web hosting space already

Its now 300k

wrote:

In message ,
"B A T M A N" wrote:

If you clicked on the pic you got it full size.....lol The clarity was there
to see.

Actually, it was a little soft, even downsampled to 1600*1200. Just a
little.

Old August 16th 04, 11:14 PM

In message ,
Dragon Spawn wrote:

Ok, So on a 3 Mega Pixel photo, My native Pixel Res is 1600x1200?

No, 1600*1200 is about 2MP. 1.92MP, to be exact. 3MP is more like
2000*1500.
--

John P Sheehy

Old August 17th 04, 08:01 AM
Dragon Spawn

Ah, My camera can do 640x480, 1024x768, 1600x1200 and 2048x1536

But 2048x1536 is so big and the images are like 3Mb each!

I tend to take 1600x1200 images Good quality and a reasonable size