Call for Entries - Undewater Images Photo-Video Competition

Old December 29th 04, 07:08 PM
me

"Alan Street" wrote in message
There are other ways to prevent spam, and being anonymous costs you
credibility.

Giving a name or being anonymous does not prove or disprove credibility.
Only the content of the post can prove that. It is virtually impossible to
prove your identity on the internet. Even the FBI can't know for certain who
is using a computer until they bust down the door and see with their own
eyes who is at the keyboard. People have been unjustly arrested for acts
committed by those who assumed their identity. I use the handle "me" to make
a statement about anonymity and the impossibility of proving ones identity
on the internet.
Anonymous *and* able to prove my credibility,
me

Old December 29th 04, 08:26 PM
Grumman-581

Mike Shelley
N581 -- AA5A -- ASD
grumman581(AT)charter(DOT)net
"me" wrote in message
"uwphotographer" wrote in message
ups.com...

me wrote:
"uwphotographer" wrote in message
oups.com...
In your OP your handle was "Mark" now you change it to

"
and later to "uwphotographer". You can't hide like that.

..and didn't try to.

Then why did you change your handle three times?

this question coming from someone who posts as "me"
and doesn't sign their posts?

I did, I signed "me", my handle. Why didn't you sign this post?

It's easy to be critical when you are
totally anonymous.

Anonimity isn't required for criticality but it does prevent spam.

Why don't you sign your next post

See above.

and give a place
where you can be contacted.

Contact me right here.
And why are you still munging all other NG names except this one? I had to
fix this again.
Signed,
me

Old December 29th 04, 09:58 PM
Grumman-581

"me" wrote ...
Anonimity isn't required for criticality but it does prevent spam.

Spam can be prevented in other ways... You can obfuscate your email address
so that the automatic spam harvesters will pick up an invalid address...
Personally, I change my email address every month and the obfuscation makes
it rather apparent what is necessary to get a valid address for each
month... Handles / monikers are acceptable as long as people know who you
are anyway... The cowardly anonymous remailer domains get killfiled by many
of us... If someone doesn't have the balls to put a valid (although possibly
obfuscated) email address and name associated with their posts, they're not
worth listening to...

Old December 29th 04, 10:46 PM
me

"Grumman-581" wrote in message
news
"me" wrote ...
Anonimity isn't required for criticality but it does prevent spam.

Spam can be prevented in other ways... You can obfuscate your email

address
so that the automatic spam harvesters will pick up an invalid address...
Personally, I change my email address every month and the obfuscation

makes
it rather apparent what is necessary to get a valid address for each
month... Handles / monikers are acceptable as long as people know who you
are anyway... The cowardly anonymous remailer domains get killfiled by

many
of us... If someone doesn't have the balls to put a valid (although

possibly
obfuscated) email address and name associated with their posts, they're

not
worth listening to...

You may stop listening at any time, with my blessing. ;-)
Happy to be anonymous, even if no one listens.
me

Old December 29th 04, 11:05 PM
Udie Lafing

In article , "me"
wrote:

You may stop listening at any time, with my blessing. ;-)
Happy to be anonymous, even if no one listens.
me

What was it "YOU" said ?
--
Is this a feeble attempt at a troll? Since its cross posted 9 out of 10
people would say yes. In my book its another pointless post from another
Old December 29th 04, 11:09 PM
Udie Lafing

"Grumman-581" wrote:

If someone doesn't have the balls to put a valid (although possibly
obfuscated) email address and name associated with their posts, they're not
worth listening to...

My balls are plenty big and certainly there; One question how does
having them make it easier to listen?
Old December 29th 04, 11:09 PM
Grumman-581

"me" wrote ...
You may stop listening at any time, with my blessing. ;-)
Happy to be anonymous, even if no one listens.

Oh well, I gave you a chance... Although I might agree with some of they
things that you have to say, if you're going to hide behind being
anonymous, I'm forced to killfile you... Of course, before killfiling you,
there is a certain protocol that must be enforced...

bitch-slap

plonk

Old December 29th 04, 11:20 PM
Grumman-581

"Udie Lafing" wrote ...
My balls are plenty big and certainly there

Elephantitis doesn't count...
http://elephantiasis.freeyellow.com/eleph-fiji.gif
http://cas.bellarmine.edu/tietjen/im...eavyweight.jpg

Old December 30th 04, 01:07 AM
me

"Grumman-581" wrote in message
"me" wrote ...
You may stop listening at any time, with my blessing. ;-)
Happy to be anonymous, even if no one listens.

Oh well, I gave you a chance... Although I might agree with some of they
things that you have to say, if you're going to hide behind being
anonymous, I'm forced to killfile you... Of course, before killfiling you,
there is a certain protocol that must be enforced...

bitch-slap

plonk

You are righteous and wise (but still listening). ;-)
Happy to be killfiled,
me

Old December 30th 04, 01:07 PM
H. Huntzinger

"me" wrote:
You owe it to yourself to go read the fine print before making a public
comment on the merits of any Photo Contest announcement.

I challenged the OP to prove me wrong. He did not.

Incorrect: the citation for the rules was provided in his original post
before you even asked for it, via a URL. You simply chose to not click
on his URL citation to go read the fine print. Your fault, not his.

To now whine about how he won't repeat himself is *lame* sour grapes.

If you were trying to make your criticisms appear credible, this not how
to score points.

-hh