In search of creative techniques

Old July 20th 04, 12:47 AM
Al Denelsbeck

Default In search of creative techniques

Okay, I'm a big fan of experimenting with the camera, finding out
what can be done with unusual techniques, lighting tricks, and stuff along
those lines.

Came across this one the other day, as an excellent example of a
simple technique used in a creative way:

So this is sparking my creativity. Right at the moment, I'm trying to
think of a way to take an exposure where the aperture is changed partway
through and thus the changing depth-of-field becomes visible - maybe
through multiple exposures, maybe through variable lighting... I haven't
really determined how yet.

Anyone else have any ideas they want to contribute? Any method
they've tried, *wanted* to try, suspect might work, whatever? I figure
there's gotta be a few new artistic approaches out there. Right?

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to match domain below
Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net