7dayshop : don't buy anything of value at 7dayshop

Old July 23rd 04, 07:29 PM
Chris Brown

Default 7dayshop : don't buy anything of value at 7dayshop

In article ,
Sabineellen wrote:

Since when was legitimately buying something from the Channel Islands
smuggling?

I don't think it's illegal. You can buy all you want from the France and
Germany. Not sure about the Channel Islands but I would think it'd be the same.

France and Germany are EU countries. The Channel Islands aren't (they're
the last remaining part of the Dutchy of Normandy, and as such are
officially "posessions of the British Crown", rather than part of the UK.
The Queen rules them in her capacity as Duke of Normandy, AIUI).

Europe has loads of these tiny little statelets with slightly odd status.

Old July 23rd 04, 07:33 PM
Zebedee

"Sabineellen" wrote in message

Europe has loads of these tiny little statelets with slightly odd status.

One of them is simply an abandoned, man-made, rusting oil rig. I forgot

its
name. But it has a self-proclaimed king and queen, and it issues stamps.

I can't remember the name either. It's not an oil rig - it's an abandoned
WW2 anti-aircraft gun installation in the North Sea.

--
Yours

Zebedee

(Claiming asylum in an attempt
to escape paying his debts to
Dougal and Florence)

Old July 23rd 04, 07:50 PM
Tim Smith

On 2004-07-23, Kokinho wrote:
The morale of the story is don't buy from 7dayshop!

Always go to www.resellerratings.com and check out a place there before
buying. 7dayshop has only 2 reviews there, one good, one bad, so I would
have not bought from them. I'd stick to places that have a fair number of
reviews and a high rating.

--
--Tim Smith
Old July 23rd 04, 07:50 PM
Tim Smith

Old July 23rd 04, 09:30 PM
Chris Brown

In article ,
Sabineellen wrote:

Europe has loads of these tiny little statelets with slightly odd status.

One of them is simply an abandoned, man-made, rusting oil rig. I forgot its
name. But it has a self-proclaimed king and queen, and it issues stamps.

This place, you mean?

http://www.sealandgov.com/

Old July 23rd 04, 10:05 PM
Sabineellen

This place, you mean?

http://www.sealandgov.com/

"By late 1968, the British navy had become aware of the new situation off the
coast of England. They were interested in terminating the state of affairs
brought about by an error committed by the most senior military authorities
without causing too much uproar.

Units of the navy entered the territorial waters claimed by Roy of Sealand. As
he was aware of his sovereignty, Roy of Sealand threatened the navy by
undertaking defensive activity. Shots were fired from Sealand in warning."

The prick! They should've retaliated and bombed him out of existence.

Old July 23rd 04, 10:55 PM
Arty Phacting

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/info.php

It's in bold

Even you can't miss it

Arty

"Zebedee" wrote in message
. ..
"chris French" wrote in message
In message , Arty Phacting
writes
and smuggling is an illegal act

As you keep telling us....

Since when was legitimately buying something from the Channel Islands
smuggling?

Or legitimately going over to France with a van, loading it up with cheap
booze and bringing it back for a wedding party? Customs seem to have
impounded illegally the vehicles of many such people and it took a 3 year
battle through the european court to get restitution.