7dayshop : don't buy anything of value at 7dayshop

Old July 23rd 04, 04:08 PM
Your-nice

Default 7dayshop : don't buy anything of value at 7dayshop

im happy with them and not bad prices either , spec,s and prices change
dayly these days its just what happens

"Kokinho" wrote in message
om...
I bought the minolta G400 16th July from 7dayshop. They
do seem to take an age for the delivery to come. I still have not got
it and 2 days ago looked out of interest on their website for the
G400. I noticed it is £134.90 now. So I sent them an email on their
contact us form (this is the only way, as their phone number service
has been removed). I basically put that I bought the camera for £5.10
more a couple of days ago and I don't believe it has been sent, can I
cancel or have the £5.10 refunded. I bought memory cards and batteries
from them in the past, so they could see I am regular. I wrote 3
paragraphs. Their response was one word "no", it took him 48 hours to
write this.

Next time if I want an electrical item, I will not buy from them. If
you ever need to send something back you have to send it to the
Channel Islands, even if it is their fault and the item is broken.
Along with this you can only get in contact with them on email who
takes 48hours to write one word response. On the form it says "rate
how useful this response was". As you can imagine I put 1, shame they
didn't have negative numbers.

The response i got from them seemed like it was written by some spotty
16 year old who failed his GCSEs. This is how you feel when dealing
with them. I had a delivery problem with them in the past and this was
again useless customer service.

The morale of the story is don't buy from 7dayshop!

Old July 23rd 04, 04:13 PM
chris French

In message , Arty Phacting
writes
and smuggling is an illegal act

As you keep telling us....

Since when was legitimately buying something from the Channel Islands
smuggling?

Old July 23rd 04, 04:37 PM
Zebedee

"chris French" wrote in message
In message , Arty Phacting
writes
and smuggling is an illegal act

As you keep telling us....

Since when was legitimately buying something from the Channel Islands
smuggling?

Or legitimately going over to France with a van, loading it up with cheap
booze and bringing it back for a wedding party? Customs seem to have
impounded illegally the vehicles of many such people and it took a 3 year
battle through the european court to get restitution.

--
Yours

Zebedee

(Claiming asylum in an attempt
to escape paying his debts to
Dougal and Florence)

Old July 23rd 04, 05:26 PM
Sabineellen

What a childish rant!

I agree.

I agree too. Reminds me of this idiot who wants to kill DMOZ - (the Open
Directory Project; the largest, most comprehensive human-edited directory of
the Web, constructed and maintained by a vast, global community of volunteer
editors) - 'cos its reviewers didn't list his site (the 4th post in the thread
linked to below explains it)...

http://forums.seochat.com/archive/t-5814

It's a irritating that such people seem to emante disproportionally from the
UK, at least in what I've observed. They're an awful embarrassment on
international media (web, usenet.. etc). I fully understand now where the term
"whiney Brits" came from. I'm often ashamed when i notice their obvious
Britishness in their style of writing and choice of phrases and I HATE that
they could represent me in the minds of others.

What idiots.

Old July 23rd 04, 05:28 PM
Sabineellen

Since when was legitimately buying something from the Channel Islands
smuggling?

I don't think it's illegal. You can buy all you want from the France and
Germany. Not sure about the Channel Islands but I would think it'd be the same.

Old July 23rd 04, 07:07 PM
Sabineellen

Europe has loads of these tiny little statelets with slightly odd status.

One of them is simply an abandoned, man-made, rusting oil rig. I forgot its
name. But it has a self-proclaimed king and queen, and it issues stamps.