VALUE? Brand New Gossen PANLUX Meter

Old December 27th 03, 02:23 AM

Default VALUE? Brand New Gossen PANLUX Meter

I have a brand-new, never used Gossen Panlux meter that I'm thinking
of selling. It's a two-piece unit, the basic meter, and a wired
"probe". There's also a third piece, a fitted lens attachment that
goes onto the probe end. The meter and the probe are in a fitted
leather case... black outside with blue velvet inside (typical
Gossen), and the lens is in a attached tubular leather case.

I'm honestly unsure of the value, and before I put this on eBay, I
thought it would be smart to get some opinions. One fellow who sells
high-end equipment on eBay said he thought it was worth nearly $300
used if in good condition. I thought that was high, but I want to be
sure. So can anyone help me out?

I believe this meter is used to measure footcandles of illumination,
and apparently film makers and others have used these meters on
location. My father did mostly still photography, and at one time had
a color darkroom. The color enlarger we sold last year. This Gossen
piece seems a bit too esoteric to keep around and that's why I'm going
to sell it. I'm just happy to have his Nikons and assorted other
cameras and gadgets, although he also has a Minolta Autometer
Professional with a spot attachment that is as-new and works
beautifully. Might sell that too.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Old December 27th 03, 03:35 PM

Tom...

A little different. Mine seems larger, but I can't really tell. The
rectangular main case is about 8" long, 3.5" wide, and 2.5" high. The
second tubular lens case is about 3.75" by 2.75". The unit you
pointed out on eBay has a similar remote corded wand, but the one on
mine is a different shape, more like a paddle (?) with a large
circular reading section attached to a rectangular reader (?) handle.
The light-gathering circle duffuser is almost 2.25" in diameter, and
there are two (2) wires ending in jacks that plug into the actual
meter. There's a switch on the reader handle that says "x1" and
"x20", and three switches on the actual meter.

I may post some pictures on a web page this weekend so maybe you can
help me out. But thanks for the link!

Mike

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 00:12:23 -0600, "Tom Pfeiffer"
wrote:

Is it like this one (which got no bids at $60):

Tom P.

.. .

Old December 30th 03, 02:49 PM
Joe Pucillo

Wasn't it who said...
I have a brand-new, never used Gossen Panlux meter that I'm thinking
of selling.

Adorama has a 'new' one in their used department that they're
selling for $174. There's no further info or link to any photo that
I could find, so I don't know if that will help you.

You may wish to contact KEH (
www.keh.com) to find out what they'd
pay for it.

--
Joe Pucillo
Baltimore, Maryland USA

To reply by email, please remove the .xx from the address.
Old January 1st 04, 04:01 PM

Joe...

Thanks for the tip. I'd part with it for $125.00 if anyone lurking
hereabouts is interested, and I'll email or post some pictures.

Mike

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 14:49:58 GMT, (Joe Pucillo)
wrote:

Wasn't it
who said...