Pentax K1000 serial #

Old October 14th 04, 01:08 AM
LBHistand

Default Pentax K1000 serial #

Hello,
Any one know the serial number/date correlation for K1000's. I lost one of mine
and need to replace it. I have found numbers from 647**** to 840**** on used
ones. At least if I knew for sure that the numbers are seqential throughout the
total production run, including ones made in japan and ones assembled in
hong-kong, that would be a help. I would like to find a later production model
if possible. Thanks for any help. Len
Old October 14th 04, 01:56 AM
me

"LBHistand" wrote in message
Hello,
Any one know the serial number/date correlation for K1000's. I lost one of

mine
and need to replace it. I have found numbers from 647**** to 840**** on

used
ones. At least if I knew for sure that the numbers are seqential

throughout the
total production run, including ones made in japan and ones assembled in
hong-kong, that would be a help. I would like to find a later production

model
if possible. Thanks for any help. Len

Ask the webmaster of this site: http://www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/ His email is :
If anyone would know he would.

Old October 14th 04, 12:49 PM
Jeremy

"LBHistand" wrote in message
Hello,
Any one know the serial number/date correlation for K1000's. I lost one of

mine
and need to replace it. I have found numbers from 647**** to 840**** on

used
ones. At least if I knew for sure that the numbers are seqential

throughout the
total production run, including ones made in japan and ones assembled in
hong-kong, that would be a help. I would like to find a later production

model
if possible. Thanks for any help. Len

I believe that tll of the models with the "Asahi" name on the pentaprism
were Japanese.

Old October 16th 04, 01:35 PM
ChrisPlatt

The Pentax K1000 was based on the Pentax KM.
They are *identical*, except the KM adds DOF preview and self-timer.

Some say K1000 quality suffered after production was moved.
All KM bodies, however, were made in Japan.

The KM often sells for less, since they are less well-known...

Excelsior, you fatheads!
-Chris-