green spots on my slide film :-(

Old October 13th 04, 06:43 PM
Dallas

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 10:03:49 -0400, Alan Browne had this to say:

malwinka wrote:

I got my slide film back from the lab badly damaged - there are numerous
green dots on it. Is it the lab's fault or mine? Does anybody know a
website showing scans of film damaged by labs?

Can you post examples?

Return to the lab and ask them. I've had slides return with thousands of
tiny black dots firmy attached .... and they were able to clean them w/o
damage.

That's what's known as a fingerprint on film.

--
DD™
I am now a Leica owner. All you peasants should curtsy.

Old October 13th 04, 07:20 PM
Alan Browne

Dallas wrote:

That's what's known as a fingerprint on film.

definitely not fingerprints.

Warning: 4.5 MB, but if you just download the few hundred horiz. lines in your
browser and stop it, you'll see what I mean.

http://www.aliasimages.com/images/Ho...g0007_2700.jpg (2700 dpi).

Cheers,
Alan

Old October 13th 04, 08:49 PM
malwinka

Phil Stripling wrote:

website showing scans of film damaged by labs?

Maybe it's time you started one?

OK, OK I'll try to scan my slides ;-)
Old October 13th 04, 08:49 PM
malwinka

Old October 13th 04, 08:49 PM
malwinka

Old October 14th 04, 05:23 AM
Dallas

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:20:25 -0400, Alan Browne had this to say:

That's what's known as a fingerprint on film.

definitely not fingerprints.

Warning: 4.5 MB, but if you just download the few hundred horiz. lines in
your browser and stop it, you'll see what I mean.

http://www.aliasimages.com/images/Ho...g0007_2700.jpg (2700 dpi).

I'm definitely not downloading 4.5MB of whatever you posted on that URL,
but once upon a time I received back some negatives with what appeared to
be hundreds of little black dots on them. Turned out to be fingerprints.

Old October 14th 04, 03:44 PM
Alan Browne

Dallas wrote:

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:20:25 -0400, Alan Browne had this to say:

That's what's known as a fingerprint on film.

definitely not fingerprints.

Warning: 4.5 MB, but if you just download the few hundred horiz. lines in
your browser and stop it, you'll see what I mean.

http://www.aliasimages.com/images/Ho...g0007_2700.jpg (2700 dpi).

I'm definitely not downloading 4.5MB of whatever you posted on that URL,
but once upon a time I received back some negatives with what appeared to
be hundreds of little black dots on them. Turned out to be fingerprints.

Let me explain that one more time: in your browser, when you begin to see the
image appear, the top part of the image, just stop the download. There is
enough detail there to see the specs of dust.