Dream Camera

Old October 10th 04, 06:52 PM
Alan Browne

street shooter wrote:

So what would your ideal camera be?

My Maxxum 9 with a 15 MP (or so) full frame digital back with a wireless
transmitter that slowly but surely sends all the images to a storage device in
my camera bag .

This of course would allow film use as well.

I've been renting a 500CM with back and lenses for a couple weekends. The
simplicity of this style of shooting is great. I use my incident meter for most
shots, and use my Maxxum 9 as a spot meter where needed*... this setup with film
and digital backs (for both cameras) would be fantastic.

Cheers,
Alan

Old October 11th 04, 11:21 AM
Justin Thyme

"Duncan J Murray"

wrote in message ...

As film's basically on the way out, a new film format with the same range
as the current 35mm I think is highly unlikely.

Yeah I know - no harm in dreaming though. If APS had a frame size the same
or bigger than 35mm, it probably would have taken off.

What form-factor would your camera be? I was thinking Super-A, or
ME-Super size - so compact (comparable to a Leica rangefinder).

I like the size of the small pentax's - mz50, mz60 etc

Pentax lenses certainly! Only because I have them, of course.

Other than the hiccup with the new bodies that have no aperture coupling, I
think Pentax have achieved the best compatibility between new and old lenses
and cameras of any of the majors. The glass quality is good and the range
is also very good, including a wide range of 3rd party lenses. Unfortunately
they may be getting left a little behind now due to the lack of image
stabilisation - I don't know if IS would be possible with K-Mount.

Duncan.
P.S. Maybe there's a market?

Of course there's a market - at the moment though I think it consists of
only you and I, so by the time cost for R&D and tooling is spread across the
2 cameras, our cameras are gonna be bloody expensive

Actually, I thought of a couple of additions to the perfect camera.
Replaceable viewscreens, but standard with a split prism focus aid.
In-viewfinder information of shutter/aperture/mode etc. At least 2
presettable viewfinder dioptres so a couple of people can use the camera and
have it automatically set to their preference, or I could use it with and
without contacts without having to manually adjust it. DOF Preview. Inbuilt
viewfinder cover (The Olympus E1 has this - very handy as I keep losing the
covers). Multiple exposure. TTL flash metering. Uhm.... I'm sure there's
still more.

Old October 11th 04, 03:38 PM
Dallas

On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 07:34:19 -0700, street shooter had this to say:

So what would your ideal camera be?

Something by Nikon that sends out an electromagnetic pulse to disable all
other cameras in a 1km radius.

It will get the only shots everytime and have most Canon users completely
buggered since they wouldn't be able to use anything manual.

--
DD™
"And that's all I got to say about that" ~ FG

Old October 12th 04, 06:31 PM
Bandicoot

"Martin Francis" wrote in message
"street shooter" wrote in message
m...
So what would your ideal camera be?
Michael

Black titanium FM3a with Leica R mount and optional spot metering, quieter
shutter and faster sync.

For 120 format, I can't think of anything i'd need that Hasselblad doesn't
already do...

Ergonomics?

;-)

Peter

Old October 12th 04, 09:55 PM
TP

"Bandicoot" wrote:

"Martin Francis" wrote:

For 120 format, I can't think of anything i'd need that Hasselblad doesn't
already do...

Ergonomics?

;-)

One day, Sony will introduce a robot that is perfectly designed to
operate a Hasselblad 6x6 SLR.

Until then, we imperfect humans will have to continue handling them as
best we can.

;-)

Old October 12th 04, 10:28 PM
William Graham

"TP" wrote in message
"Bandicoot" wrote:

"Martin Francis" wrote:

For 120 format, I can't think of anything i'd need that Hasselblad

doesn't
already do...

Ergonomics?

;-)

One day, Sony will introduce a robot that is perfectly designed to
operate a Hasselblad 6x6 SLR.

It will, of course, have three hands......

Old October 12th 04, 10:34 PM
TP

"William Graham" wrote:

One day, Sony will introduce a robot that is perfectly designed to
operate a Hasselblad 6x6 SLR.

It will, of course, have three hands......

Only three?

Wow! Some robot!

;-)