This Lightroom Bug Could be Costing You Tons of Storage Space

Old April 16th 20, 07:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default This Lightroom Bug Could be Costing You Tons of Storage Space

On Apr 16, 2020, Tony Cooper wrote
(in ):

Have you changed newsreaders? I don't remember your posts showing
those wide line widths before.

At home I have been using Hogwasher for a few years, and the same for Newstap on my iOS devices. I had found that with Hogwasher when posting long URLs, they were being broken even when using delimiters ( ) when I have the line length set. So I just post with text unwrapped, and the URLs are unbroken when contained by delimiters.

Unfortunately with Usenet these days limping to a slow death, there is little to encourage the development, and refining of Usenet clients

Savageduck

Old April 16th 20, 07:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

Have you changed newsreaders? I don't remember your posts showing
those wide line widths before.

At home I have been using Hogwasher for a few years, and the same for Newstap
on my iOS devices. I had found that with Hogwasher when posting long URLs,
they were being broken even when using delimiters ( ) when I have the line
length set. So I just post with text unwrapped, and the URLs are unbroken
when contained by delimiters.

delimiters cover the case when the url is later broken.

however, soft-wrap does have the advantage of filling the window with
text rather than leave a huge expanse of white space.

Unfortunately with Usenet these days limping to a slow death, there is little
to encourage the development, and refining of Usenet clients

true, along with those who defend non-compliant or outright buggy
implementations.

that said, there is a new mac usenet client in the works.
Old April 16th 20, 07:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Apr 16, 2020, nospam wrote
(in ) :

In iganews.com,
Savageduck wrote:

[...]

Yup! Usenapp, currently in Beta (more alpha than beta).

Savageduck

Old April 17th 20, 12:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 11:18:26 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On Apr 16, 2020, Tony Cooper wrote
(in ):

Have you changed newsreaders? I don't remember your posts showing
those wide line widths before.

At home I have been using Hogwasher for a few years, and the same for Newstap on my iOS devices. I had found that with Hogwasher when posting long URLs, they were being broken even when using delimiters ( ) when I have the line length set. So I just post with text unwrapped, and the URLs are unbroken when contained by delimiters.

This just started happening within the last couple of weeks. Your
sentences won't wrap in my reader, but when i reply, they wrap fine in
the compose window. Nospam says it's Agent, which both I and Tony use,
and since no one else seems to see what we're seeing, I suppose it is,
even if I can't find anything in the settings to try to correct it.
You haven't recently changed anything at all?
Old April 17th 20, 01:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Apr 16, 2020, Bill W wrote
(in ):

wrote:

[...]

No changes in months, probably a year or more.

Savageduck

Old April 17th 20, 01:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 17:00:20 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On Apr 16, 2020, Bill W wrote
(in ):

wrote:

[...]

Okay - it's gotta be on my end.
Old April 17th 20, 01:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Bill W
wrote:

Have you changed newsreaders? I don't remember your posts showing
those wide line widths before.

At home I have been using Hogwasher for a few years, and the same for
Newstap on my iOS devices. I had found that with Hogwasher when posting long
URLs, they were being broken even when using delimiters ( ) when I have
the line length set. So I just post with text unwrapped, and the URLs are
unbroken when contained by delimiters.

This just started happening within the last couple of weeks. Your
sentences won't wrap in my reader, but when i reply, they wrap fine in
the compose window. Nospam says it's Agent, which both I and Tony use,
and since no one else seems to see what we're seeing, I suppose it is,
even if I can't find anything in the settings to try to correct it.
You haven't recently changed anything at all?

i didn't say it's agent.

i said that it's soft-wrapping, something that's existed for many
decades.

i don't know if agent supports that. my guess is that it doesn't, given
that it doesn't support various other standards.
Old April 17th 20, 04:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 20:35:22 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Bill W
wrote:

[...]

Well, if it doesn't support it, then it's Agent. To be honest, I'm
suspecting it's another mystery issue from some very recent Win 10
update, and that update is affecting Agent somehow. And this laptop is
pretty darn old, and didn't even support Win 8.1, and I've been doing
workarounds for this and that ever since I forced Win 10 onto it. I've
been dealing with built-in mic issues ever since a Win 10 update at
least a year ago. The good news is that it's hardly a big deal. Ah
well, word-wrap is a distraction from real problems these days.

Adorama had a nicely spec'd Macbook Pro the other day at a decent
price. I was sorely tempted. Too bad a stimulus check won't quite
cover one of those...
Old April 17th 20, 04:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 20:35:22 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Bill W
wrote:

[...]

Well, I'm about as dumb as it gets. I was looking in the options
section to fix this, and then finally looked again at the menu bar.
View-Word Wrap. ****ing duh...
Old April 17th 20, 04:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper[_2_]

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 22:00:11 -0500, Bill W
wrote:

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 20:35:22 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Bill W
wrote:

[...]

This is not the only newsgroup I read, and - in fact - I only read
this one sporadically. The other group has significantly more volume
and contributors.

The Duck's posts are the only one that have changed that I have
noticed. There are a couple of posters in another group whose posts
don't wrap, but they never have.

I normally don't read the posts that don't wrap. In every other case,
the poster is one that isn't posting anything worth reading. But Duck
is one of the sensible ones so I do read his anyway.

Adorama had a nicely spec'd Macbook Pro the other day at a decent
price. I was sorely tempted. Too bad a stimulus check won't quite
cover one of those...

Mendel Mendlowits, the founder of Adorama, died earlier this week. His
death will be a loss to the industry. Adorama, B&H, and Keh are the
only online camera sources that I'll buy from. Both companies are
straight arrow in a market plagued with many unreputable sources.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida