Dream Camera

Old October 12th 04, 10:34 PM
TP

"William Graham" wrote:

One day, Sony will introduce a robot that is perfectly designed to
operate a Hasselblad 6x6 SLR.

It will, of course, have three hands......

Only three?

Wow! Some robot!

;-)

Old October 12th 04, 10:35 PM
Alan Browne

Bandicoot wrote:

"Martin Francis" wrote in message

For 120 format, I can't think of anything i'd need that Hasselblad doesn't
already do...

Ergonomics?

I've rented a 500CM for the past couple weekends and find it a nice camera to
work with. As long as there's no rush and a cable release is screwed in...
using both an incident meter and a spot meter (er, my Maxxum 9 with 100mm lens
as spot meter...). The only thing I really wished for was shutter speeds slower
than 1 second. Counted 'thousands' in "B" ... exposures are fine... Ve100F,
E100S/VS.

Cheers,
Alan.

Old October 13th 04, 11:05 AM
Robert Meyers

"street shooter" wrote in message
m...
So what would your ideal camera be?

A camera with the Contax G2 specs, in G1 size, with a silent winder and
shutter. Black. And a 1x zooming viewfinder that covers 21-90.
Oh, and an optional digital back would be cool.

Robert Meyers

Old October 13th 04, 10:15 PM
Mr Jessop

"Robert Meyers" wrote in message
"street shooter" wrote in message
m...
So what would your ideal camera be?

A camera with the Contax G2 specs, in G1 size, with a silent winder and
shutter. Black. And a 1x zooming viewfinder that covers 21-90.
Oh, and an optional digital back would be cool.

A 20d would be nice. Still paying for my 300d. Mind you i'm getting the
goods a lot of the time, its only the sports stuff that i'd benefit from.

Old October 15th 04, 02:27 AM
Bandicoot

"TP" wrote in message
"William Graham" wrote:

One day, Sony will introduce a robot that is perfectly designed to
operate a Hasselblad 6x6 SLR.

It will, of course, have three hands......

Only three?

Wow! Some robot!

;-)

Hey, if it's good enough for Zaphod...

Peter

Old October 15th 04, 02:29 AM
Bandicoot

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
. ..
Bandicoot wrote:

"Martin Francis" wrote in message

For 120 format, I can't think of anything i'd need that Hasselblad

doesn't
already do...

Ergonomics?

I've rented a 500CM for the past couple weekends and find it a nice camera

work with. As long as there's no rush and a cable release is screwed

in...
using both an incident meter and a spot meter (er, my Maxxum 9 with 100mm
lens as spot meter...). The only thing I really wished for was shutter

speeds
slower than 1 second. Counted 'thousands' in "B" ... exposures are

fine...
Ve100F, E100S/VS.

Sounds like you're using it as a tripod camera, for which it is great.
Actually, I wasn't really doing down the 'blad - just noting that if there
is one area where it is behind most other MF, that is it...

Peter