Nikkor AF-S silent wave 80-200 user guide...?

Old March 29th 08, 05:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
john

Default Nikkor AF-S silent wave 80-200 user guide...?

Help! I just purchased a Nikkor AF-S silent wave 80-200 used, but it
came without a user manual. I didn't think much of it since everything
is on the internet these days... well everything except a user manual
for this lens. Does anyone know where I can find it in .pdf or even
paper? Bear in mind that this is the silent wave version that was
supplanted by the 70-200 VR (2004 I think was the last year), not the
AF-D version that is still in production.

I even called Nikon and they could not find one (not sure what to make
of that... but the guy did try, and even made out a job ref number.)

Did anyone happen to save a pdf back when (or if) they were available?

Thanks
John
Old March 29th 08, 06:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , john
wrote:

Help! I just purchased a Nikkor AF-S silent wave 80-200 used, but it
came without a user manual. I didn't think much of it since everything
is on the internet these days... well everything except a user manual
for this lens. Does anyone know where I can find it in .pdf or even
paper? Bear in mind that this is the silent wave version that was
supplanted by the 70-200 VR (2004 I think was the last year), not the
AF-D version that is still in production.

there's not a whole lot to it. what problems are you having?

on a digital camera, set the f/stop to the minimum, which on that lens
is f/22. the buttons on the barrel are focus lock. m/a is autofocus
with full time manual override and m is manual focus only. the distance
switch is a focus limiter. not much else to it.
Old March 29th 08, 11:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
armpit

"john" wrote in message
Help! I just purchased a Nikkor AF-S silent wave 80-200 used, but it
came without a user manual. I didn't think much of it since everything
is on the internet these days... well everything except a user manual
for this lens. Does anyone know where I can find it in .pdf or even
paper? Bear in mind that this is the silent wave version that was
supplanted by the 70-200 VR (2004 I think was the last year), not the
AF-D version that is still in production.

I even called Nikon and they could not find one (not sure what to make
of that... but the guy did try, and even made out a job ref number.)

Did anyone happen to save a pdf back when (or if) they were available?

Thanks
John

Is it listed here?: http://www.craigcamera.com/ib_n.htm

Is the manual listed as #NIK-1271 the one you are looking for?