Tri-X emulation after the B&W from Colour post above

Old March 24th 06, 11:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Tri-X emulation after the B&W from Colour post above

Tri-X emulation.

Cover the image with Noise, use Threshold to convert it to just Black and
just White, nothing in between.
You can also use, Grayscale, Bitmap, Diffusion Dither and fiddle with the
output PPI

Print using Grayscale, I've got a Canon printer and it makes great grainy
pics like this, the ink is pigmented and 1/2 a print put in our greenhouse
for a sunny fortnight showed no sign of fading.

"The gritty performer" is back:-)

Here's one I did earlier;

Jem

-------------------------------------
Birmingham Independent Photographers
http://bip.wikispaces.com/

Old March 25th 06, 02:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 23:12:11 -0000, "Jem Raid"
wrote:

Tri-X emulation.

Cover the image with Noise, use Threshold to convert it to just Black and
just White, nothing in between.
You can also use, Grayscale, Bitmap, Diffusion Dither and fiddle with the
output PPI

Print using Grayscale, I've got a Canon printer and it makes great grainy
pics like this, the ink is pigmented and 1/2 a print put in our greenhouse
for a sunny fortnight showed no sign of fading.

"The gritty performer" is back:-)

Here's one I did earlier;

Jem

Or, buy this plugin for PS:

http://www.alienskin.com/exposure/index.html
Old March 25th 06, 10:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

wrote:

Tri-X emulation.

Cover the image with Noise, use Threshold to convert it to just Black and
just White, nothing in between.
You can also use, Grayscale, Bitmap, Diffusion Dither and fiddle with the
output PPI

Print using Grayscale, I've got a Canon printer and it makes great grainy
pics like this, the ink is pigmented and 1/2 a print put in our
greenhouse
for a sunny fortnight showed no sign of fading.

"The gritty performer" is back:-)

Here's one I did earlier;

Jem

Or, buy this plugin for PS:

http://www.alienskin.com/exposure/index.html

It's much more interesting doing it yourself, as the Actress said to the
Bishop :-)
Here's some more I did this morning.
http://jemraid.wikispaces.com/

Jem

-------------------------------------

Old March 25th 06, 10:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Or, buy this plugin for PS:

http://www.alienskin.com/exposure/index.html

Rich,

Thanks for the link.
I couldn't find a price on the site, any idea how much it costs.
Purely as a matter of intellectual curiosity, of course :-)

Jem

-------------------------------------

Old March 25th 06, 02:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Jem Raid wrote:
Tri-X emulation.

Cover the image with Noise,

If you want to simulate a big enlargement from a small
negative like 35mm. Tri-X in large format (like 8x10)
makes some very nice and very large prints.

Roger
Old March 25th 06, 04:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark)" wrote in
message ...
Jem Raid wrote:
Tri-X emulation.

Cover the image with Noise,

If you want to simulate a big enlargement from a small
negative like 35mm. Tri-X in large format (like 8x10)
makes some very nice and very large prints.

Roger

I concur, I used to use Tri-X in my homemade 5 x 4, I'm waiting until
someone comes up with a digital replacement for a DDS that costs about hmmm
£400.

Ah well :-)

Jem

-------------------------------------

Old March 25th 06, 08:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 10:16:50 -0000, "Jem Raid"
wrote:

Or, buy this plugin for PS:

http://www.alienskin.com/exposure/index.html

Rich,

Thanks for the link.
I couldn't find a price on the site, any idea how much it costs.
Purely as a matter of intellectual curiosity, of course :-)

Jem

Birmingham Independent Photographers
http://bip.wikispaces.com/

Not cheap, around $200.00. I thought the Velvia emulation might go
over well with the landscape fellows.
-Rich