Photoshop CC problem(s)

Old January 17th 21, 12:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron C

Default Photoshop CC problem(s)

On 1/16/2021 6:44 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Jan 16, 2021, Melanie van Buren wrote
(in article ):

On 16/01/2021 21:31, Savageduck wrote:
On Jan 16, 2021, Melanie van Buren wrote
(in article ):

This gearhead masturbation topic generated 66 replies. That's an order
of magnitude more than it would generate on a dedicated Adobe forum.
Meanwhile eff all response all week on topics on the actual subject of,
duh, photography.

This thread relates to Eric, a long time subscriber to this NG having a problem with Photoshop. If you hadn’t been paying attention you should be aware that Photoshop is an editing tool that most serious photographers, pro & amateur use as a fundamental part of their photography workflow.

As for photography, from time to time some of us actually post images, and sometimes we might get a comment or two.

*yawn* So what? I've said what I wanted to say and am sold on not
appeals to history and appeals to authority and general willy waving.
Any berk can obsess boys toys and there's eff all discussion about art
and photography which interests me more although, apparantly, none of
you lot. Maybe cuz you're **** at it.

That is your particular bias, and obsession, you need to recognize that.

Myself I can but don't use Photoshop. It's standard practice in my
industry not to alter photos apart from cropping.

Who is talking about altering photographs with photoshop, or any other good editing software?

If you intend to continue of your path of developing you photography skills, and style, you need to recognize the value of good editing/processing software.

Good editing software, regardless of what it might be, or one’s OS of choice does provide a multitude of tools to provide the artist/photographer the means to express their particular vision. Ignoring, or discounting it is a mistake.

Here are two photos from my past for you to chew on:

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-HQ6mvFt/0/b1fff2c9/O/i-HQ6mvFt.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-2CLFZ79/0/ceab9158/O/i-2CLFZ79.jpg

I don't recall seeing the first photo, but I seem to recall a long
interesting thread
related to the 2nd photo.
Old January 17th 21, 01:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Melanie van Buren

On 16/01/2021 23:44, Savageduck wrote:
[...]

Bias? Obsession? No. Just another ****ing topic unlike tech wanking over
some rube who goofed up his photoshop and was too *lazy* to take his
issues to the Abobe forum.

*yawn* Tell me something I *don't know*. Plus you're still gearheading
not discussing art. No, can't be effed to look at your photos after the
previous two gaslighty ****takes. I use what I use when I use it how I
use it and don't need a burned out old cop blowing his retirement on
gear to tell me what to do. You're just parroting gearhead stuff you've
etched into your brain. Learn something new FFS.

--
Melanie van Buren
Old January 17th 21, 01:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jan 16, 2021, Ron C wrote
(in ):

[...]

I don’t believe I ever posted the first photo to r.p.d. The second one I first posted about 7 years ago, with several different renditions including monochrome.
That bar in San Luis Obispo (The Frog & Peach) was (may still be) a great location for shooting candid/street shots.

Same location, different day 2 years earlier.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-hrfBxSq/0/b03e9b2a/O/i-hrfBxSq.jpg

Savageduck

Old January 17th 21, 01:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

[...]

Sigh..., since it is obvious you have made up your mind regarding this NG, its content, and participants, you might do better finding an appreciation of your acerbic wit, and “art” in some other NG, or gallery as none of us old fart regulars is ever going to deliver content that won’t bore you.

Savageduck

Old January 17th 21, 02:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Melanie van Buren

On 17/01/2021 01:41, Savageduck wrote:
[...]

No. Just different starting points from you. Unlike you I don't think
photography is all about the gear but about other things including art.
Othewise wtf is the point of a photograph? Just because you are **** and
clueless with the topic of art doesn't mean everyone has to follow your
gearhead hobby and it is *your* hobby so stop forcing it.

Personally I always find cops a bit on the slow and linear side and
pretty unimaginative so no surprise you're not into art. The last (ex)
cop who ****ed me thought he was impressing me discussing organisational
shear like he was unfolding the mysteries of the universe. I'm glad this
is included in their training but I knew more than him and he didn't
have the first clue how to apply it. I've never met a cop who does. Most
are appalling bad at white collar crime or complex cases at the best of
times. This is where reading around subjects and, yes, art appreciation
gives you greater insight and ability to apply otherwise paint by
numbers linearity. Don't believe me go ask a clinical psychologist.

--
Melanie van Buren
Old January 17th 21, 02:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On 16/01/2021 17:54, Bill W wrote:
On Jan 16, 2021, Melanie van Buren wrote
(in article ):

On 12/01/2021 07:48, Eric Stevens wrote:

As far as I can tell I have the same problem irrespective of whether I
am using PS 2020 or 2021.

Has anyone encountered or heard of a similar problem and if so what
was the cause/cure?

This gearhead masturbation topic generated 66 replies. That's an order
of magnitude more than it would generate on a dedicated Adobe forum.
Meanwhile eff all response all week on topics on the actual subject of,
duh, photography.

It is photography. Post processing is part of it, and this is rec photo
*digital*. Computers are pretty much required. If a poster can’t get his
PC
to run Photoshop, his tool for processing, we try to help. It seems to be
PC problem, not an Adobe problem, and some people here are knowledgeable
in
that area - both Windows and Mac. It’s not like this subject is crowding
out any others. It’s a quiet little group here, and can be very helpful
on
varied subjects.

You can rationalize anything away like that.

Or answer honestly like that.

Anyone stop to think the op
may be running warez?

Not anyone who actually read his posts.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photo...1&sort=latest_
rep
lies&filter=all

If you ever have an issue, you might appreciate the help you can get here.

Why would I bother reading an achingly boring gearhead topic? They know
where the tech support forums are...

What help? Nobody here actually wants to make the effort of discussing
art and photography or anything I'm interested in. Gearhead talk doesn't
rock my boat even if it is the lazy option.

I don’t think we can be friends anymore...

Old January 17th 21, 02:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

[...]

Would a “good” cop think you are a troll?

Old January 17th 21, 02:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jan 16, 2021, Bill W wrote
(in ternal-september.org):

[...]

A “good” cop would think he she has been lurking in this NG for some time, and might not be who she/he represents herself to be.Either that, or he/she has been doing some serious research. Either way I believe I am done entertaining “Melanie”.

I don’t believe my former profession has been mentioned here in quite a number of years.

Savageduck

Old January 17th 21, 03:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron C

On 1/16/2021 9:56 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Jan 16, 2021, Bill W wrote
(in ternal-september.org):

[...]

Re that last line, I have to say hmm (scratching head) .. you may have
hit on something.
At best this has been an odd set of exchanges. Troll alert? Maybe. My
jury is out.
--
==
Later...