Photoshop CC problem(s)

Old January 17th 21, 07:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

Default Photoshop CC problem(s)

On Jan 17, 2021, Melanie van Buren wrote
(in article ):

On 17/01/2021 02:23, Bill W wrote:
On Jan 16, 2021, Melanie van Buren wrote

Why would I bother reading an achingly boring gearhead topic? They know
where the tech support forums are...

What help? Nobody here actually wants to make the effort of discussing
art and photography or anything I'm interested in. Gearhead talk doesn't
rock my boat even if it is the lazy option.

I don’t think we can be friends anymore...

We weren't friends to begin with.

I had a good cry, and I’m composed now.

You don't know anything about art or
discuss anything about art, clearly have your established habits and own
group biases in place, and nor are you a paying client.

Client? Is this your business? https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2hwqn9

In fact even if
you were a paying client I don't play nodding dog so you would be an ex
client very fast if this was your expectation.

No I wouldn’t.

Old January 17th 21, 08:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jan 17, 2021, Bill W wrote
(in ternal-september.org):

On Jan 17, 2021, Melanie van Buren wrote
(in article ):

On 17/01/2021 02:23, Bill W wrote:
On Jan 16, 2021, Melanie van Buren wrote

Why would I bother reading an achingly boring gearhead topic? They know
where the tech support forums are...

What help? Nobody here actually wants to make the effort of discussing
art and photography or anything I'm interested in. Gearhead talk doesn't
rock my boat even if it is the lazy option.

I don’t think we can be friends anymore...

We weren't friends to begin with.

I had a good cry, and I’m composed now.

You don't know anything about art or
discuss anything about art, clearly have your established habits and own
group biases in place, and nor are you a paying client.

Client? Is this your business? https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2hwqn9

I seriously doubt that she has a viable clientele, she would wish to be as successful as the Pythons.

In fact even if
you were a paying client I don't play nodding dog so you would be an ex
client very fast if this was your expectation.

No I wouldn’t.

I certainly couldn’t endorse her work given the examples we have been permitted to see.

Savageduck

Old January 18th 21, 04:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 22:29:46 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

No such problem here with PS 2020 on a Win 10 PC. But I noticed
when I open RAW files I have to wait for a few seconds until
Camera RAW kicks in, then everything runs smoothly.

camera raw doesn't 'kick in' and a few seconds delay to open any photo
is not normal, regardless of which app or what format.

I agree. It also may be significant that I do not have the same
problem with ACR in Lightroom. It seems to be a Photoshop problem.

you're confusing symptoms with problems.

The problems cause the symptoms and the symptoms cause me to hunt down
the problems.

you claimed that photoshop taking 'a few seconds until camera raw kicks
in' and other lengthy delays is a 'photoshop problem'.

it is not. it is a *symptom*.

your hunt, as you call it, for the underlying problem is going nowhere.

You are not helping. Just trying to score point by niggling. Back into
the Kill file for you

Eric Stevens
Old January 18th 21, 04:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 12:13:35 +0100, Alfred Molon

says...
I haven't ignored the possibility of hardware issues but have found
nothing yet that could point me to one. It's more like a software
issue in the swamp that is Wintel.

All Wintel machines I have here at home (in total five) work
fine, so I wouldn't call Wintel a swamp.

Its a swamp when you start exploring how it all works.

Eric Stevens
Old January 18th 21, 04:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 21:19:01 -0600, gray_wolf
wrote:

On 15/01/2021 6:06 pm, Bill W wrote:
On Jan 15, 2021, Eric Stevens wrote
(in ):

On Wed, 13 Jan 2021 00:07:13 -0500,
wrote:

In , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Perhaps something is broken. You could uninstall PS (completely
remove all files), then make a clean install.

I've thought of that, but it is not straightforward with CC.

yes it is.

The standard CC uninstall leaves an enormous number of rats and mice.

Before this reply I have tried the standard uninstall followed by
reinstall. - No change.

Then I tried a full uninstall using Revo Uninstaller followed by
reinstall - No change.

So it doesn't look like a software error. I can turn some of the
faulty behaviour on and off with Intel TBMT so that is clearly
associated with the problem. There have been two PS updates and at
least two Windows updates since I first started encountering this
problem. To my knowledge I have problems with no other software,
including Lightroom.

I believe we have similar PC setups. I don’t know how this will help, but I
opened PS today for the first time in a long time. It is updated, as is all
of Adobe CC. ACR and PS worked fine. I left PS open and opened LR. LR crashed
for the first time ever. I closed and opened everything repeatedly, and it
kept happening. So I decided to reboot the PC. When I went to do that, I had
the option of installing Windows updates (I am already on the latest version
of Win 10). I chose to do that. The update failed, and my PC has not started
since. I am not happy. I just rebuilt the SSD boot partition per MS specs,
and everything was running perfectly. I don’t really think my no-boot
problem is related to Adobe, but since LR kept crashing, I have to think that
there may indeed be a separate issue with PS & LR. If I ever get it running
again, I’ll let you know what I find.

Check this free app out:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sys...ocess-explorer

It's a super version of the "Task Manager". It'll give you a much better view
of what's going on.
There are other neat apps on site.

Many thanks. I have a use for that.

Eric Stevens
Old January 18th 21, 04:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

[...]

you refuse help.

you ignore being repeatedly told that you are using photoshop in ways
it was not designed to be used to where it *can't* work properly, or at
all.

you think you know why it's broken and then went off on a wild goose
chase only to find nothing, which is why your problem still exists and
will continue to exist until you start listening to others and stop
blaming everything you can think of.
Old January 18th 21, 04:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Its a swamp when you start exploring how it all works.

even before then.
Old January 18th 21, 04:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 22:18:25 -0600, Bill W
wrote:

On Jan 15, 2021, Eric Stevens wrote
(in ):

On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 18:14:39 -0600, Bill
wrote:

On Jan 15, 2021, Eric Stevens wrote
(in ):

On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 12:44:40 -0600, Bill
wrote:

Go into task manager, and check for 100% (or close) CPU, memory, or disk
read/write usage. The problem will be that it might take forever just to
get
into task manager, but it’s helpful, so wait. If it’s Adobe tying
everything up, then take nospam’s advice, and reinstall everything. If
something else is responsible, let us know what it is. I have had very
similar problems from Malwarybytes, Foxit Reader, and one or two others.
If
it something else, then you have to kill those programs, or uninstall
them,
and then talk to their customer support. My problems tended to come after
updates to programs, and reinstalling them will not fix that.

I wish I had two Task Managers so I could watch both Processes and
Performance at the same time. In the absence of a second, I spend most
time watching Performance. With TBMT enabled only one core (out of 12)
is actively engaged and that is at 100%. With TBMT disabled loading an
image has an effect on the loading of all cores but not excessively.

But that is only part of the problem. Why does PS insist on starting
raw files in ACR, even when I have all the options switched off? Why
does it then run so slowly? Why are the sliders not working? What is
the difference between loading an image in PS and ditto in LR? PS has
been unusable since before Christmas.

I don’t think PS can open raw files. I believe they must open in ACR.
Maybe
you turned off the wrong options, and that is causing your problem.

I've spent years opening raw files and doing things to them that don't
involve ACR. When I wanted ACR I called it in from the filter menu.

With PS CC? I don’t see how that’s possible. Was this an earlier version
of PS? And are any of your other apps of any sort also running slowly? Is
your PC booting very slowly? Does your PC see all of your memory?

All I did was open it straight into PS with the Adjustment window and
a few others open. Of course I'm not saying that ACR had nothing to do
with it, and part of it must have been running in the background, but
all the editing sliders etc never appeared.

PC runs fast. PC boots fast. No other apps run slowly, let alone as
slowly as ACR does at present (90 seconds to open an image and sliders
virtually immovable). Yes, the PC can see all of its memory. I've just
run SFC and DSIM and while SFC saw problems, fixing them made no
difference.

I note that I have set a new record in that with TBMT disabled I had 8
instances of Photoshop open.

Eric Stevens
Old January 18th 21, 04:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Jan 17, 2021, Eric Stevens wrote
(in ):

wrote:

[...]

Are you saying that ACR is the only app you have a problem with? No problems
with PS itself? If so, have you reinstalled ACR? Or have you are least
checked all settings related to ACR?