Some photogs are Applesheep

Old October 12th 20, 03:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
geoff

Default Some photogs are Applesheep

On 11/10/2020 3:40 pm, nospam wrote:
In article , geoff
wrote:

No one really needs a watch to tell time - we all carry
phones around.

Far easier to glance at one's wrist (any type of watch) than fish one's
phone out to check.

not always. sometimes it's easier to look at a phone than push back a
jacket sleeve to uncover a watch, no fishing required.

Only if you are are millenial and/or carry your phone in your hand every
waking minute.

nope. it's much easier to take a phone out of a handwarmer pocket than
push back a sleeve, especially in colder weather when there may also be
gloves involved.

Don't know where you live or what you wear. But not in my world even
slightly, even ,for instance, with my full ski gear on.

nobody said anything about full ski gear.

Yes they did - I did, just then.

You were referring to situations where glancing at a wris****ch could be
somehow less convenient than fishing out a cellphone to find the time.

Little could be more cumbersome than full ski gear to achieve that level
of difficulty, surely.

geoff
Old October 12th 20, 03:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
geoff

On 2020-10-10 20:06, geoff wrote:
On 11/10/2020 5:24 am, nospam wrote:
In article , geoff
wrote:

Â*Â* No one really needs a watch to tell time - we all carry
phones around.

Far easier to glance at one's wrist (any type of watch) than fish
one's
phone out to check.

not always. sometimes it's easier to look at a phone than push back a
jacket sleeve to uncover a watch, no fishing required.

Only if you are are millenial and/or carry your phone in your hand
every
waking minute.

nope. it's much easier to take a phone out of a handwarmer pocket than
push back a sleeve, especially in colder weather when there may also be
gloves involved.

Don't know where you live or what you wear. But not in my world even
slightly, even ,for instance, with my full ski gear on.

My ski jacket has a phone pocket accessible from the outside but keeping
the phone inside and warm.Â* To be sure I do have to take off one glove
to get at it.

All I need to do is a brief swipe and wiggle of my right hand over my
left sleeve. About 3 or 4 seconds, even with poles still on.

geoff
Old October 12th 20, 01:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

left sleeve. About 3 or 4Â* seconds, even with poles still on.

Good for you. I don't wear things on my sleeves. And frankly, when I'm
skiing, time is the last thing on my mind.

--
"...there are many humorous things in this world; among them the white
man's notion that he is less savage than the other savages."
Old October 12th 20, 02:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , geoff
wrote:

No one really needs a watch to tell time - we all carry
phones around.

Far easier to glance at one's wrist (any type of watch) than fish one's
phone out to check.

not always. sometimes it's easier to look at a phone than push back a
jacket sleeve to uncover a watch, no fishing required.

Only if you are are millenial and/or carry your phone in your hand every
waking minute.

nope. it's much easier to take a phone out of a handwarmer pocket than
push back a sleeve, especially in colder weather when there may also be
gloves involved.

Don't know where you live or what you wear. But not in my world even
slightly, even ,for instance, with my full ski gear on.

nobody said anything about full ski gear.

Yes they did - I did, just then.

because a straw man is all you have.

You were referring to situations where glancing at a wris****ch could be
somehow less convenient than fishing out a cellphone to find the time.

there is no fishing out anything. yet another bogus claim.

Little could be more cumbersome than full ski gear to achieve that level
of difficulty, surely.

while ski gear is among the most cumbersome, a normal winter jacket or
even a spring/fall jacket is sufficient to make pulling a phone out of
a handwarmer pocket both faster and easier than dealing with a watch of
any type.
Old October 12th 20, 10:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
geoff

On 13/10/2020 2:21 am, nospam wrote:
In article , geoff
wrote:

[...]

Oh, so you're a millennial who has his phone in his hand 24/7 ?

Little could be more cumbersome than full ski gear to achieve that level
of difficulty, surely.

while ski gear is among the most cumbersome, a normal winter jacket or
even a spring/fall jacket is sufficient to make pulling a phone out of
a handwarmer pocket both faster and easier than dealing with a watch of
any type.

Bull****.

geoff
Old October 12th 20, 10:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
geoff

On 13/10/2020 1:53 am, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Saturday, 10 October 2020 at 19:17:42 UTC+1, Alfred Molon wrote:
In article ,
says...

But I don't like to wear a watch, "smart" or otherwise. I find them
uncomfortable. How does the smar****ch get around that?

The problem wearing an Apple watch (or any other health
monitoring device 24/7) is that the thing collects very personal
data about you and your health and you can never be sure about
what happens to this data. If you are unlucky, your data gets
into the wrong hands.
--
Alfred Molon

I'm not too sure how useful this data will be in the 'wrong' hands.
Depending on the data, but I;m not sure how useful it could be if someone know
my heart rate, temperature, number of steps takne today/week or any other health thing.

Yeah, it's hardly as if anybody could really give a ****. Or maybe some
day one could inexplicably start receiving ads for iCoronaryCarePills or
GoogleSedatives. Or one's watch could spontaneously give a
defibrillating jolt.

And for those who do have something to be concerned about I'm sure they
are by now aware would choose to avoid such technology.

geoff
Old October 12th 20, 11:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne-

On 2020-10-12 17:46, geoff wrote:
On 13/10/2020 2:21 am, nospam wrote:
In article , geoff

Little could be more cumbersome than full ski gear to achieve that level
of difficulty, surely.

while ski gear is among the most cumbersome, a normal winter jacket or
even a spring/fall jacket is sufficient to make pulling a phone out of
a handwarmer pocket both faster and easier than dealing with a watch of
any type.

Bull****.

Not at all. My regular winter coat: drop my right hand down into a
pocket and lo and behold, there's my phone. Lift it up and it turns on
with nary a button push ....

To get at my watch (if I were wearing one) I'd need to push back the
cumbersome sleeve of my coat while (probably) wearing cumbersome gloves.

Old October 12th 20, 11:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
geoff

On 2020-10-12 17:46, geoff wrote:
On 13/10/2020 2:21 am, nospam wrote:
In article , geoff

Little could be more cumbersome than full ski gear to achieve that
level
of difficulty, surely.

while ski gear is among the most cumbersome, a normal winter jacket or
even a spring/fall jacket is sufficient to make pulling a phone out of
a handwarmer pocket both faster and easier than dealing with a watch of
any type.

Bull****.

Not at all.Â* My regular winter coat: drop my right hand down into a
pocket and lo and behold, there's my phone.Â* Lift it up and it turns on
with nary a button push ....

To get at my watch (if I were wearing one) I'd need to push back the
cumbersome sleeve of my coat while (probably) wearing cumbersome gloves.

Those gloves presumably not at all cumbersome when diving into your
pocket and fumbling for and then extracting the phone then.

A simple swipe up with the flat of the gloved hand, at worst with maybe
a small jiggle for me (and you).

Wanna race ?

geoff
Old October 13th 20, 12:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne[_2_]

On 2020-10-12 17:46, geoff wrote:
[...]

Not at all. That out-about-town coat pocket dips well with my
out-about-town gloves.

A simple swipe up with the flat of the gloved hand, at worst with maybe
a small jiggle for me (and you).

No need for a swipe or even a jiggle at all. Lift up the phone and the
screen comes on and displays the time.

You're really not good at this, are you?

Old October 13th 20, 12:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
geoff

On 2020-10-12 17:46, geoff wrote:
[...]

Not at all.Â* That out-about-town coat pocket dips well with my
out-about-town gloves.

A simple swipe up with the flat of the gloved hand, at worst with
maybe a small jiggle for me (and you).

No need for a swipe or even a jiggle at all.Â* Lift up the phone and the
screen comes on and displays the time.

You're really not good at this, are you?

Significantly better than you it seems.

You forgot the putting gloved hand into coat pocket, grasping, and
removing phone bit. Not to mention the putting it back again.

geoff