How to remove Rootkit malware from an Apple computer

Old April 19th 20, 07:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Scott Schuckert

Default How to remove Rootkit malware from an Apple computer

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

I find the opposite group just as amusing. The ones who say a person
"hates" Apple because they are not convinced Apple is the best product
for them.

Huh. Almost 30 years talking to people about Apple, and I don't think
I've heard that one. We didn't say "that guy hates us", we just just
figured figured they needed more information.

I daresay MOST people why say they hate ANYTHING are uninformed or just
using hyperbole.
Old April 20th 20, 02:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

How many of those students were actually watching the lecture or the
presentation ?

just about all of them, but there's always a couple of slackers in
every class.

There was no lecturer there, it was a setup.

they obviously posed for the photo, but it's a normal class. they
didn't bring the macbooks just to pose. it's also not unique.

And we have more than a couple of slackers TBH, I have to deal with them when
ordering stuff for them, but they don't get away with it.

https://twitter.com/merylkenny/statu...348419/photo/1

that's an insane rake.

Not sure what a rake is.. perhaps a typo I honestly don't know.

https://www.auditoria-services.com/raked-seating/
'Raked seating¹ (sometimes called retractable seating, telescopic or
bleacher seating) is simply when the seating is on an upwards slope
away from the stage, in order to give those at the back a better view
than if the seats were all of the same levels.

If you want to take notes just film the lecture with your phone.

some people record it with their phone.

yes or just use audio, if the lecturer draws a Venn or circuit diagram or
maths formula on the whiteboard it's not easy to 'write' that up on a laptop
quick enough, far easier to use pen/pencil on paper or maybe a tablet with a
'pen'

the slides are available online.
Old April 20th 20, 02:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

As you said Mac OS doesn't support (yet) touchscreen.

that, and that *ios* is the version optimized for touch.

why can't they do similar with OSX ?

go learn what os x, mac os and ios actually are.

I know what they are and what linux is not sure about webOS which is what my
TV and other TV use but they don;t run windows or Mac.

clearly not, since you insist apple should add touch to mac os when
they already have touch based systems, all of which are os x.

Macs had voice activation software to, I used it in the 90s but that has sort
of faded away, but it was great saying open photoshop and it launched, it
amazed friends. But siri uses it so it does have more uses now.

pranksters liked to say: "select all. move to trash. empty trash."

adding touch to mac os would require a major rewrite, not simply adding
a new feature.

It can be done they did it when they went from the motorola to intel.

nobody said it can't be done. it's that it's a stupid idea.

also, os x had been running on intel long before there was a powerpc
version. apple maintained the intel version in secret 'to keep their
options open'.
Old April 20th 20, 02:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Scott Schuckert
wrote:

Who does anyone by a PC laptop if the Apple ones offer so much more.

because they're sheep and follow the herd, never investigating other
options to find what best fits their needs.

they immediately rule out apple for no valid reason and instead buy
whatever everyone else has, despite numerous compromises and
incorrectly assuming all computers are the same (they're not) therefore
no point in looking at alternatives (unwise).

I particularly love when people proclaim to "hate" Apple; usually with
no stated reason. When pressed, they struggle to come with "reasons"
and invariably tout clearly and demonstrably false ones. Prove it to
them, and they STILL don't believe it.

very true, and then try to deny their hate when it so clearly is.

Sort of like anti-vaxxers.

i like to compare them to flat-earthers.

Now, Apple doesn't pay me to have these arguments anymore, so I usually
sit back and laugh. But a few points:

Car analogy: After you arrive at your destination, no one can can tell
if you came in a Kia or a Mercedes. The primary function, moving your
physical body to another point in space is accomplished. And you saved
a lot of money with the Kia. Why do people buy Mercedes, and which is
considered the premium brand?

Longevity: Since I retired in 2009, I'm still using the same Mac laptop
and desktop I had on exit. They work fine, run all the current
software, and integrate fully with my current phone, tablet, and PC.
Does it really matter what they cost originally?

Stability and upgradeability: Neither of these computers has had a
system re-install since new. Matter of fact, they're each running OS
installs that predate the actual hardware by many years (back to the
PowerPC days) with appropriate - free - updates. You just hook up the
computers and it migrates everything seamlessly from the old box.

this is a concept completely lost on windows users, who expect anything
slightly outside of the ordinary to be a hassle and therefore avoid it
and consider it perfectly normal to be fixing things all the time.

not that mac os is perfect (nothing is), but problems occur *far* less
often and are *much* easier to fix.

ibm, who has the largest installed base of macs, found that macs needed
significantly less tech support, greatly reducing the total cost of
ownership, versus similar windows boxes.

The desktop has done this four or five times.

Oh, and the proprietary software I need for my current job runs just
fine from a Windows partition installed on my Mac laptop. This is fully
supported by Apple, BTW.

macs are the *only* computer that can natively run mac, windows and
unix apps and seamlessly share content among them, giving macs the
widest selection of software of any platform.
Old April 20th 20, 02:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Scott Schuckert
wrote:

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:
I find the opposite group just as amusing. The ones who say a person
"hates" Apple because they are not convinced Apple is the best product
for them.

Huh. Almost 30 years talking to people about Apple, and I don't think
I've heard that one. We didn't say "that guy hates us", we just just
figured figured they needed more information.

of course you haven't because it's more of his fabricated bull****.

it's also a perfect example of how people struggle to come up with a
reason to hate, something which you mentioned in another post.

he can't handle when people make an informed decision about what best
fits their needs, even going so far as to try to prevent it.

I daresay MOST people why say they hate ANYTHING are uninformed or just
using hyperbole.

yep.