The D5 AND D500 Unveiled by Nikon.

Old January 6th 16, 05:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default The D5 AND D500 Unveiled by Nikon.

Keeping them MPs down...

D500:http://nikonrumors.com/2016/01/05/ni...era-officially
-announced.aspx/

D5:http://nikonrumors.com/2016/01/05/ni...officially-ann
ounced.aspx/
--
teleportation kills
Old January 6th 16, 06:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , android
wrote:

Keeping them MPs down...

but focus points, frame rates and iso up.
Old January 6th 16, 06:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jan 5, 2016, android wrote
(in article ):

Keeping them MPs down...

D500:http://nikonrumors.com/2016/01/05/ni...era-officially
-announced.aspx/

At last an APS-C Nikon worthy of being called a D300S successor. The MP is
under control at 20MP, a high frame rate and a more than adequate buffer.
Weather sealing, XDQ card + SD card slots, touch screen LCD, new metering
system, and more. $2000 for the body.

Now for the shooting reviews.

D5:http://nikonrumors.com/2016/01/05/ni...officially-ann
ounced.aspx/

Savageduck

Old January 6th 16, 06:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , android
wrote:

Keeping them MPs down...

but focus points, frame rates and iso up.

Action cams... Nothing wrong with that. I do feel that 24MP would have
been in order though. If I were shopping for a Nikon I would go for the
D750, probably.
--
teleportation kills
Old January 6th 16, 06:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , android
wrote:

Keeping them MPs down...

but focus points, frame rates and iso up.

Action cams... Nothing wrong with that. I do feel that 24MP would have
been in order though.

that wouldn't have been able to do iso 102,400 natively and iso
3,280,000 extended, nor would it be able to maintain the frame rate.

If I were shopping for a Nikon I would go for the
D750, probably.

different feature mix. you can't go wrong either way.
Old January 6th 16, 08:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article m, Savageduck
wrote:

android:
Keeping them MPs down...

D500:http://nikonrumors.com/2016/01/05/ni...era-officially
-announced.aspx

At last an APS-C Nikon worthy of being called a D300S successor. The
MP is under control at 20MP, a high frame rate and a more than
adequate buffer. Weather sealing, XDQ card + SD card slots, touch
screen LCD, new metering system, and more. $2000 for the body.

Now for the shooting reviews.

Also, it shatters the naming convention argued by nospam and me before, where
DXXX was going to be all-FX. Bummer

--
Sandman
Old January 6th 16, 08:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Sandman Wrote in message:
In article m, Savageduck
wrote:

android:
Keeping them MPs down...

D500:http://nikonrumors.com/2016/01/05/ni...era-officially
-announced.aspx

At last an APS-C Nikon worthy of being called a D300S successor. The
MP is under control at 20MP, a high frame rate and a more than
adequate buffer. Weather sealing, XDQ card + SD card slots, touch
screen LCD, new metering system, and more. $2000 for the body.

Now for the shooting reviews.

Also, it shatters the naming convention argued by nospam and me before, where
DXXX was going to be all-FX. Bummer

That only means that that will be no D600 DX cam. Nikon will
probably go mirrorless for at least DX after the D500s and maybe
D550 (and ?s?).
--
Bats can't tell us apart!

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Old January 6th 16, 08:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

RichA Wrote in message:
On Wednesday, 6 January 2016 00:43:21 UTC-5, android wrote:
Keeping them MPs down...

D500:http://nikonrumors.com/2016/01/05/ni...era-officially
-announced.aspx/

D5:http://nikonrumors.com/2016/01/05/ni...officially-ann
ounced.aspx/
--
teleportation kills

It's great. But as I suspected, watch all those who crowed and screamed that they wanted a D300 successor to balk at the price and go FF with a D610/750 instead. IMO, it's a fantastic addition to their DSLR line and high time they brought it out.

Ths D750 is way better value and offers more versitality for most
the photogstargeted with the D500.
--
Bats can't tell us apart!

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Old January 6th 16, 12:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jan 6, 2016, Sandman wrote
(in ):

In news.com, Savageduck
wrote:

android:
Keeping them MPs down...

D500:http://nikonrumors.com/2016/01/05/ni...era-officially
-announced.aspx

At last an APS-C Nikon worthy of being called a D300S successor. The
MP is under control at 20MP, a high frame rate and a more than
adequate buffer. Weather sealing, XDQ card + SD card slots, touch
screen LCD, new metering system, and more. $2000 for the body.

Now for the shooting reviews.

Also, it shatters the naming convention argued by nospam and me before, where
DXXX was going to be all-FX. Bummer

Ha!!

Savageduck

Old January 6th 16, 01:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Savageduck Wrote in message:
On Jan 6, 2016, Sandman wrote
(in ):

In news.com, Savageduck
wrote:

android:
Keeping them MPs down...

D500:http://nikonrumors.com/2016/01/05/ni...era-officially
-announced.aspx

At last an APS-C Nikon worthy of being called a D300S successor. The
MP is under control at 20MP, a high frame rate and a more than
adequate buffer. Weather sealing, XDQ card + SD card slots, touch
screen LCD, new metering system, and more. $2000 for the body.

Now for the shooting reviews.

Also, it shatters the naming convention argued by nospam and me before, where
DXXX was going to be all-FX. Bummer

Ha!!

Yeah! It's caped at D550s
--