better Kodak reorganization

Old June 3rd 13, 07:33 PM posted to comp.soft-sys.matlab,sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default better Kodak reorganization

On 2013-06-03 11:26:15 -0700, nospam said:

In article , Geoffrey S.
Mendelson wrote:

now it's only 10 years behind the times rather than 15 years.

it *still* lacks adjustment layers, smart objects and so much more.

even the $60 photoshop elements does more than the gimp does.

Considering that Adobe "accidently" released CS/2 to the world, that seems
the better choice.

consider that it's for legitimate cs2 owners only.

Yup!
Adobe is not giving CS2 away.
....and for Mac users out there, CS2 will not run on Intel Macs, only
G4, or G5 Macs. That was my reason for upgrading at that time.
http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/

Savageduck

Old June 4th 13, 08:59 AM posted to comp.soft-sys.matlab,sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

Savageduck wrote:
...and for Mac users out there, CS2 will not run on Intel Macs, only
G4, or G5 Macs. That was my reason for upgrading at that time.
http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/

Probably 99% of the people that downloaded it are Windows users, and it
runs perfectly well under Windows 7 and in an XP virtual machine under
MacOS.

Since you posted the link, I suggest that people go to it and read the
disclaimer.

Geoff.

It's Spring here in Jerusalem!!!
Old June 4th 13, 04:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-06-03 11:26:15 -0700, nospam said:
In article , Geoffrey S.
Mendelson wrote:
now it's only 10 years behind the times rather than 15 years.

it *still* lacks adjustment layers, smart objects and so much more.
even the $60 photoshop elements does more than the gimp does.

Considering that Adobe "accidently" released CS/2 to the world, that seems
the better choice.

consider that it's for legitimate cs2 owners only.

Yup!

Adobe is not giving CS2 away.
...and for Mac users out there, CS2 will not run on Intel Macs, only
G4, or G5 Macs. That was my reason for upgrading at that time.

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/

I have Photoshop from CS running on a intel Mac mini running snow
leopard (10.6).
There were reported problems when using (command-S) save in that it
could corrupt the file, so I used save as... to get around it, not that
I experienced that problem. Not that I used Photoshop much anyway but
it's handy on the odd occasion.
On sunday I found my shrink wrapped CD of photoshop 5 LE.

You don't have Photoshop CS2 running on an Intel Mac. Unless you are
running it on a "Bootcamp" or virtual Windows partition. On your Intel
Mac Mini the oldest version you could run is CS3.
When I bought my first Intel Mac (an MBP 17'') I had to upgrade to CS3.

I am also running OSX 10.6.8, which I am happy with. It seems to be Win
XP for Apple, in that quite a few folks have chosen not to move up to
"Lion" or "Mountain Lion". However many of the new releases and updates
do not support "Snow Leopard". A good example of this is the Beta of
Lightroom 5 which will, for Mac users, only run on OSX 10.7 & 10.8.

Savageduck

Old June 4th 13, 05:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-06-04 08:23:23 -0700, Whisky-dave said:

I have Photoshop from CS running on a intel Mac mini running snow
leopard (10.6).
There were reported problems when using (command-S) save in that it
could corrupt the file, so I used save as... to get around it, not that
I experienced that problem. Not that I used Photoshop much anyway but
it's handy on the odd occasion.
On sunday I found my shrink wrapped CD of photoshop 5 LE.

You don't have Photoshop CS2 running on an Intel Mac. Unless you are
running it on a "Bootcamp" or virtual Windows partition.

Thought I'd added this ....

http://ask.metafilter.com/76323/Will...ntel-processor

I can only speak from my experience, and I couldn't get CS2 to run on
my Intel Macs, a MBP & a desktop Mac. Hence an upgrade to CS3.

Every now and again I copy a link and paste it and nothing comes out, I
re-do the copy and it pastes OK !!!!

Running W7 & googlegroups

Now there is your problem, "Google Groups"!

Savageduck

Old June 4th 13, 06:22 PM posted to comp.soft-sys.matlab,sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Geoffrey S.
Mendelson wrote:

now it's only 10 years behind the times rather than 15 years.

it *still* lacks adjustment layers, smart objects and so much more.

even the $60 photoshop elements does more than the gimp does.

Considering that Adobe "accidently" released CS/2 to the world, that seems
the better choice.

they didn't accidentally release cs2 to the world. it's for legitimate
cs2 owners.

it is *not* a free ticket for anyone to download a copy and run it.
that's piracy.
Old June 5th 13, 04:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-06-04 09:15:06 -0700, Whisky-dave said:

Le Snip

http://ask.metafilter.com/76323/Will...ntel-processor

I can only speak from my experience, and I couldn't get CS2 to run on
my Intel Macs, a MBP & a desktop Mac. Hence an upgrade to CS3.

You needed to install rosetta that's all to get it running and other apps t
hat relied on PPC. At that time tehre were problems with adpobe in that the
ir installers relied on PPC hardware to run and tehy failed on intel chips,
even though the application worked on intel the installer didn't.

I knew it would run to some extent from a Mac NG I subscribe to.

Well with the four operational Macs I have here, I have CS2 on my dust
gathering G3 "goose-neck" Mac and my G4 Powerbook Pro 17''.
My Intel Macs, a desktop 3.6 GHz Core i5, and a MBP 17'' have CS6 installed.

Savageduck

Old June 7th 13, 08:42 AM posted to comp.soft-sys.matlab,sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital
Dale[_2_]

On 06/03/2013 11:42 AM, nospam wrote:
In , Dale
wrote:

no choices is not a good idea either, Gimp, for free, is really getting
there

now it's only 10 years behind the times rather than 15 years.

it *still* lacks adjustment layers, smart objects and so much more.

even the $60 photoshop elements does more than the gimp does.

Kodak and others should consider using open system solutions to their
workflows until they can develop proprietary ones

gimp might not be totally there yet, but its GNU licensed and can be
edited/improved

same thing with ghostscript and inkscape

I don't think postscript will survive SVG

--
Dale
Old July 1st 13, 02:44 AM posted to comp.soft-sys.matlab,sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital
Dale[_2_]

wrote:

no choices is not a good idea either, Gimp, for free, is really getting
there

now it's only 10 years behind the times rather than 15 years.

it *still* lacks adjustment layers, smart objects and so much more.

even the $60 photoshop elements does more than the gimp does.

Kodak and others should consider using open system solutions to their
workflows until they can develop proprietary ones

gimp might not be totally there yet, but its GNU licensed and can be
edited/improved

same thing with ghostscript and inkscape

I don't think postscript will survive SVG

look at the way Sun and now Oracle use openoffice to develop Star
Office, this is a model of how proprietary companies can develop open
system solutions

--
Dale