Morro Bay Dredge

Old May 12th 21, 01:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Morro Bay Dredge

I took my new DJI Air 2S down to Morro Bay to give it a workout. I was surprised to find the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers dredge “Yaquina” clearing sand build up from the harbor entrance. So here is a still, and a video shot with the DJI Air 2S.

The still shot of the dredge “Yaquina”
https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work-2021/i-bDspVjV/0/b46ff0d2/O/DJI_0099c.jpg

The video shot at 4K 30fps, and rendered at 1080P to save on file size for sharing.
https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work-2021/i-85MNF5q/0/dd79ec97/1920/MB%20Dredge_mp4-1920.mp4

Savageduck

Old May 12th 21, 05:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
croy[_2_]

On Wed, 12 May 2021 05:47:39 -0700, Savageduck wrote:

I took my new DJI Air 2S down to Morro Bay to give it a workout. I was surprised to find the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers dredge Yaquina clearing sand build up from the harbor entrance. So here is a still, and a video shot with the DJI Air 2S.

The still shot of the dredge Yaquina
https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work-2021/i-bDspVjV/0/b46ff0d2/O/DJI_0099c.jpg

The video shot at 4K 30fps, and rendered at 1080P to save on file size for sharing.
https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work-2021/i-85MNF5q/0/dd79ec97/1920/MB%20Dredge_mp4-1920.mp4

Very nice! Thanks for posting. A little jerkiness in places, but maybe that is just an
intrusion in the process of getting it to my screen.

Now my curiosity has me off to find out how that ship does what it does.

--
croy
Old May 12th 21, 05:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

Am 12.05.2021 um 14:47 schrieb Savageduck:
I took my new DJI Air 2S down to Morro Bay to give it a workout. I was surprised to find the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers dredge “Yaquina” clearing sand build up from the harbor entrance. So here is a still, and a video shot with the DJI Air 2S.

The still shot of the dredge “Yaquina”
https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work-2021/i-bDspVjV/0/b46ff0d2/O/DJI_0099c.jpg

The video shot at 4K 30fps, and rendered at 1080P to save on file size for sharing.
https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work-2021/i-85MNF5q/0/dd79ec97/1920/MB%20Dredge_mp4-1920.mp4

Do you also have some 20MP stills of this drone?
--
Alfred Molon

Olympus 4/3 and micro 4/3 cameras forum at
https://groups.io/g/myolympus
https://myolympus.org/ photo sharing site
Old May 12th 21, 05:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On May 12, 2021, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Wor.../O/DJI_0099c.j
pg

The video shot at 4K 30fps, and rendered at 1080P to save on file size for
sharing.
https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Wor.../1920/MB%20Dre
dge_mp4-1920.mp4

I’m still impressed with the video quality of both drones. It’s also good
to see that a concern that occurred to both of us never came to be - that you
might use it a couple of times, and just put it away. Now that you have a
second one, it appears that the opposite happened.

Old May 12th 21, 07:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On May 12, 2021, croy wrote
(in ):

On Wed, 12 May 2021 05:47:39 -0700, wrote:

I took my new DJI Air 2S down to Morro Bay to give it a workout. I was surprised to find the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers dredge “Yaquina” clearing sand build up from the harbor entrance. So here is a still, and a video shot with the DJI Air 2S.

The still shot of the dredge “Yaquina”
https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work-2021/i-bDspVjV/0/b46ff0d2/O/DJI_0099c.jpg

The video shot at 4K 30fps, and rendered at 1080P to save on file size for sharing.
https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work-2021/i-85MNF5q/0/dd79ec97/1920/MB%20Dredge_mp4-1920.mp4

Very nice! Thanks for posting. A little jerkiness in places, but maybe that is just an
intrusion in the process of getting it to my screen.

Thanks for looking, and the comment. As far as jerkiness goes there might be some pilot error, and/or editing klutziness due to familiarizing myself with the new drone.

Now my curiosity has me off to find out how that ship does what it does.

Well this should fill you in on that:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USAV_Yaquina

Savageduck

Old May 12th 21, 07:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On May 12, 2021, Alfred Molon wrote
(in article ):

Am 12.05.2021 um 14:47 schrieb Savageduck:
I took my new DJI Air 2S down to Morro Bay to give it a workout. I was surprised to find the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers dredge “Yaquina” clearing sand build up from the harbor entrance. So here is a still, and a video shot with the DJI Air 2S.

The still shot of the dredge “Yaquina”
https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work-2021/i-bDspVjV/0/b46ff0d2/O/DJI_0099c.jpg

The video shot at 4K 30fps, and rendered at 1080P to save on file size for sharing.
https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work-2021/i-85MNF5q/0/dd79ec97/1920/MB%20Dredge_mp4-1920.mp4

Do you also have some 20MP stills of this drone?

Of the drone itself or stills from the drone?

The still above is a slightly cropped 20MP still shot, not a frame capture.

If you want info on the Air 2S, the DJI web site has more than I could write here.

https://www.dji.com/air-2s

Savageduck

Old May 12th 21, 08:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

Am 12.05.2021 um 20:56 schrieb Savageduck:

Do you also have some 20MP stills of this drone?

Of the drone itself or stills from the drone?

I meant stills taken by the drone. I'd like to see how good the image
quality is.

Old May 12th 21, 08:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On May 12, 2021, Alfred Molon wrote
(in article ):

Am 12.05.2021 um 20:56 schrieb Savageduck:

Do you also have some 20MP stills of this drone?

Of the drone itself or stills from the drone?

I meant stills taken by the drone. I'd like to see how good the image
quality is.

OK! As this is new I haven’t shot many stills yet. That said here is the straight out of camera unprocessed/edited, or cropped version of the still I posted.
https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work-2021/i-dDVNGP8/0/16f11cd2/O/DJI_0099.jpg

Savageduck

Old May 12th 21, 08:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On May 12, 2021, Bill W wrote
(in ):

[...]

That was my big concern. However, once I started flying and seeing the photo, and video possibilities, along with the just downright fun, I was hooked. Now I am have more fun with drone aerial photography than my good old terrestrial shooting.

Savageduck

Old May 12th 21, 09:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken Hart[_5_]

On 5/12/21 8:47 AM, Savageduck wrote:
I took my new DJI Air 2S down to Morro Bay to give it a workout. I was surprised to find the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers dredge “Yaquina” clearing sand build up from the harbor entrance. So here is a still, and a video shot with the DJI Air 2S.

The still shot of the dredge “Yaquina”
https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work-2021/i-bDspVjV/0/b46ff0d2/O/DJI_0099c.jpg

The video shot at 4K 30fps, and rendered at 1080P to save on file size for sharing.
https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work-2021/i-85MNF5q/0/dd79ec97/1920/MB%20Dredge_mp4-1920.mp4

Very nice. I viewed it with Chromium and a VDSL connection; played smoothly.

Looks just like the Susquehanna River at Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
Except for the boats, the beaches, the size, the lack of a Statue of
Liberty. On second thought, it looks nothing like the Susquehanna River!

--
Ken Hart