Latest updates of Windows 10 and CC Light Room

Old October 15th 15, 02:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Latest updates of Windows 10 and CC Light Room

Loaded a new update for LR within the last two days. It worked OK.

A massive update of Windows 10/64 forced itself on to me first thing
this morning. Now LR loads the splash screen and (in the present case)
the PRINT page, and there it sticks. Hopefully, loud screams from
someone will get the problem sorted out.

Eric Stevens
Old October 15th 15, 03:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-10-15 01:39:29 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

Loaded a new update for LR within the last two days. It worked OK.

A massive update of Windows 10/64 forced itself on to me first thing
this morning.

No it didn't. You had to have had some sort of auto-update enabled.

Now LR loads the splash screen and (in the present case)
the PRINT page, and there it sticks. Hopefully, loud screams from
someone will get the problem sorted out.

....but who do you scream at, Adobe, MS, or both?

Savageduck

Old October 15th 15, 03:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 19:05:12 -0700, Savageduck

On 2015-10-15 01:39:29 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

Loaded a new update for LR within the last two days. It worked OK.

A massive update of Windows 10/64 forced itself on to me first thing
this morning.

No it didn't. You had to have had some sort of auto-update enabled.

It's not quite that simple. MS is going to update your computer, and
you're going to like it!!!

But there's this:
http://www.howtogeek.com/224471/how-...ading-updates/

I haven't bothered with any of that yet, mainly because I haven't had
any real problems with the updates so far.
Old October 15th 15, 03:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On 2015-10-15 01:39:29 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

Loaded a new update for LR within the last two days. It worked OK.

A massive update of Windows 10/64 forced itself on to me first thing
this morning.

No it didn't. You had to have had some sort of auto-update enabled.

Yes it did. Auto-updating is set to automatic and you have to be some
kind of geek with geekish knowledge to know how to prevent it.

Windows 10 comes with no manual and not even a 'Help' system. As soon
as I got it I ordered a book which only arrived on Tuesday. So far I'm
on page 59 of 673 which is rambling on about all the new fun things
you can do with screen windows. When an update comes roaring down the
tracks I'm just left there staring into the headlights.

Now LR loads the splash screen and (in the present case)
the PRINT page, and there it sticks. Hopefully, loud screams from
someone will get the problem sorted out.

...but who do you scream at, Adobe, MS, or both?

So far I've only posed a question with in an Adobe forum. I would
rather have Adobe beating on Microsoft's door than me. For a start,
Adobe might know more about the problem than I do.

Eric Stevens
Old October 15th 15, 03:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-10-15 01:39:29 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

Loaded a new update for LR within the last two days. It worked OK.

A massive update of Windows 10/64 forced itself on to me first thing
this morning.

No it didn't. You had to have had some sort of auto-update enabled.

It's not quite that simple. MS is going to update your computer, and
you're going to like it!!!

But there's this:
http://www.howtogeek.com/224471/how-...ading-updates/

haven't bothered with any of that yet, mainly because I haven't had
any real problems with the updates so far.

It was just a thought on my part as I am not a Win operator. The other
question remains, who does Eric scream at, and in what order to get LR
up and running on his system?

Savageduck

Old October 15th 15, 03:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-10-15 01:39:29 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

Loaded a new update for LR within the last two days. It worked OK.

A massive update of Windows 10/64 forced itself on to me first thing
this morning.

No it didn't. You had to have had some sort of auto-update enabled.

Yes it did. Auto-updating is set to automatic and you have to be some
kind of geek with geekish knowledge to know how to prevent it.

Windows 10 comes with no manual and not even a 'Help' system. As soon
as I got it I ordered a book which only arrived on Tuesday. So far I'm
on page 59 of 673 which is rambling on about all the new fun things
you can do with screen windows. When an update comes roaring down the
tracks I'm just left there staring into the headlights.

Oh Well! So a classic SNAFU.

Now LR loads the splash screen and (in the present case)
the PRINT page, and there it sticks. Hopefully, loud screams from
someone will get the problem sorted out.

...but who do you scream at, Adobe, MS, or both?

So far I've only posed a question with in an Adobe forum. I would
rather have Adobe beating on Microsoft's door than me. For a start,
Adobe might know more about the problem than I do.

That makes sense.

Savageduck

Old October 15th 15, 04:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Savageduck wrote:

A massive update of Windows 10/64 forced itself on to me first thing
this morning.

No it didn't. You had to have had some sort of auto-update enabled.

that's how windows 10 works.

it's possible to defer it but that would be stupid, especially now, on
the verge of threshold being released.
Old October 15th 15, 07:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

On 15/10/2015 02:39, Eric Stevens wrote:
Loaded a new update for LR within the last two days. It worked OK.

A massive update of Windows 10/64 forced itself on to me first thing
this morning. Now LR loads the splash screen and (in the present case)
the PRINT page, and there it sticks. Hopefully, loud screams from
someone will get the problem sorted out.

As others have said, you can delay the reboot after Windows updates, or
even delay the installation altogether. Having said that, though.....

- if all other software works
- Adobe software does not

seems pretty obvious to whom your questions should be directed. You
would have hoped the money guzzlers like Adobe would have been more on
top of the game.

But next time, it may be wiser to wait a week before installing the updates.

--
Cheers,
David
Old October 15th 15, 09:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 07:57:32 +0100, David Taylor
wrote:

On 15/10/2015 02:39, Eric Stevens wrote:
Loaded a new update for LR within the last two days. It worked OK.

A massive update of Windows 10/64 forced itself on to me first thing
this morning. Now LR loads the splash screen and (in the present case)
the PRINT page, and there it sticks. Hopefully, loud screams from
someone will get the problem sorted out.

As others have said, you can delay the reboot after Windows updates, or
even delay the installation altogether. Having said that, though.....

- if all other software works
- Adobe software does not

seems pretty obvious to whom your questions should be directed. You
would have hoped the money guzzlers like Adobe would have been more on
top of the game.

But next time, it may be wiser to wait a week before installing the updates.

That last sentence may apply to Adobe but I don't have much say in the
matter when it comes to Windows.

As far as the slight on Adobe is concerned, the latest update seemed
to work OK until Microsoft updated Windows. No doubt it will all sort
itself out, hopefully before Epson sorts out the missing color
profiles for the new SuperColor P-800. Did I tell you that
hispeed-fibre modem on my Internet connection threw a wobbly this
morning, right in the middle of the Windows10 update? No, I didn't,
but life has been exciting. :-(

Eric Stevens
Old October 15th 15, 09:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

On 15/10/2015 09:06, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 07:57:32 +0100, David Taylor

[]
But next time, it may be wiser to wait a week before installing the updates.

That last sentence may apply to Adobe but I don't have much say in the
matter when it comes to Windows.

Yes, you do, see (for example):

http://www.askvg.com/fixing-windows-...stall-problem/

As far as the slight on Adobe is concerned, the latest update seemed
to work OK until Microsoft updated Windows. No doubt it will all sort
itself out, hopefully before Epson sorts out the missing color
profiles for the new SuperColor P-800. Did I tell you that
hispeed-fibre modem on my Internet connection threw a wobbly this
morning, right in the middle of the Windows10 update? No, I didn't,
but life has been exciting. :-(

If you believe the update to be corrupt, you could simply revert your PC
to the last system restore point, or use the Uninstall Updates option
(if you have that).

Any company which equates dollar and pound prices is simply
money-grabbing. If this no longer applies to Adobe, it's about time. I
gave up purchasing their products because of their pricing policy, and
whilst I can see the benefits of a subscription policy from a revenue
flow point of view, it's not a road I wish to go down as a customer.

--
Cheers,
David