[SI] Come and get it.

Old July 17th 13, 08:15 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Bowser

Default [SI] Come and get it.

The Outdoor Cooking gallery is posted, and the photos can be viewed
he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/bbq_outdoor_cooking

Some nice shots, too.

For noobs, the ShootIn is a monthly exercise where the participants
shoot and submit up to three photos to meet a given mandate. There is
no prize of any kind, save for some normally helpful comments offered
by one of the participants.

For more information about the ShootIn, please visit the rulz page:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

The next mandate will be issued this week, and I'm betting many of you
have already guessed what it is. Hint: the ShootIn is ten years old.
Old July 18th 13, 05:24 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
otter

On 7/17/2013 2:15 PM, Bowser wrote:
The Outdoor Cooking gallery is posted, and the photos can be viewed
he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/bbq_outdoor_cooking

I think we all pretty much phoned it in this time. I know I did. My
third shot, at Rudy's in Austin, was made with my phone. The two other
shots were taken at Coopers BBQ in Llano, a legendary Texas BBQ place.
The line out front convinced us to not eat there this time. I've been
there several times when it was less crowded, so no big deal. But it is
amazing what some people will put up with just to eat a cheap cut of
meat. That looked like an hour wait, at least.

I liked the Duck's meat shots, and Peter's photo-painting of Nathan's
was nice. Mr Phartz's shots certainly fit the mandate, and left me
wondering what exactly was that topping on the burgers. Looks tasty,
whatever it is.

I like the spirit and originality of Bob Flint's entries. Looks like
the main ingredient for a BBQ was well represented.

Bowser can send some of that rain down here. Our lakes are all but
dried up. He certainly has a wacky neighbor, too.

Old July 18th 13, 11:07 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Bowser

On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 23:24:06 -0500, otter
wrote:

[...]

Man, I would love to send you some of that rain! Hey! Why don't we
petition our fearless leaders for a system of national aquaducts so we
can move water from the flood areas (us) to you?

Nah, that might make sense and serve an actual purpose.
Old July 19th 13, 01:37 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

Send some of that water out West. This is what our lake looks like
today, and we haven't had rain since January.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/Fil...NC5894-E1w.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/Fil...NC5893-E1w.jpg

Savageduck

Old July 19th 13, 05:11 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
PhotoPhartz

Bowser wrote in news:nmpgu899pmsp0ldu6jsiolbvbilfjvk0tb@
4ax.com:

I liked the Duck's meat shots, and Peter's photo-painting of Nathan's
was nice. Mr Phartz's shots certainly fit the mandate, and left me
wondering what exactly was that topping on the burgers. Looks tasty,
whatever it is.

Well, ya got yer avacodo underneath then red onion slices topped with
strips of chedder and pepper jack cheese, and a dab of Heinz famous number
57 red sauce. Some other top secret, yet invisible seasonings are also
involved. Yum.

--

Pat

email: phartzATcoxDOTnet
Old July 19th 13, 06:06 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Bowser

On Thu, 18 Jul 2013 17:37:39 -0700, Savageduck

Old July 19th 13, 09:45 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
otter

On 7/18/2013 11:11 PM, PhotoPhartz wrote:
Bowser wrote in news:nmpgu899pmsp0ldu6jsiolbvbilfjvk0tb@
4ax.com:

I liked the Duck's meat shots, and Peter's photo-painting of Nathan's
was nice. Mr Phartz's shots certainly fit the mandate, and left me
wondering what exactly was that topping on the burgers. Looks tasty,
whatever it is.

Well, ya got yer avacodo underneath then red onion slices topped with
strips of chedder and pepper jack cheese, and a dab of Heinz famous number
57 red sauce. Some other top secret, yet invisible seasonings are also
involved. Yum.

That does sound good.
Old July 20th 13, 12:55 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

Default [SI] Outdoor Cooking - The Duck comments

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/bbq_outdoor_cooking

PhotoPhartz:
1: Nice capture of a community holiday cookout in the park, or wherever
that shore side location is. I just wonder if you might have found a
slightly different position, or isolate the central group who seem to
be actively engaged in the art of outdoor cooking.
2: ...and there they are, actively engaged in the art of outdoor cooking
3: Nice burger, plus detail insert. That is a first for the SI.

Bob Flint:
1: MOLSON!! Ok! I know it's a beer for the burger you are woking on, but...
2: That is a clean grill. Was that just good outdoor kitchen sanitary
practice, or was it a virgin grill?
....and was that the sacrificial burger?
3: The result, burger & beer. I know you are classy guy Bob, but this
is where the paper plate would have been appropriate. ;-)

Savageduck (yours truly):
1: The Rib Line is one of several rib, tri-tip operations at the San
Luis Obispo Farmers market every Thursday. They start cooking quite
early, and by 6PM there are folks lined up for ribs and/or tri-tip
sandwiches. This was shot before the crowds arrived.
2: The server had his "Uncle Sam" hat on for the 4th of July.
3: I took several shots of this pizza oven and I just couldn't get a
good angle to get what I wanted, so this was a bit of a compromise with
some of the chimney cropped. I had to find a way of including it, as
the concept of a traveling pizza oven is so different from the usual
grill, smokehouse fare.
Here are a few more shots from that day:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lx56l61b7...r%27s%20Market

Otter:
1: I expected nothing less than one of your local joints, but just how
much actual outdoor cooking do they do there?
2: Now you're cookin' !! Chicken, brisket, sausage, & something
unidentifiable, all looking very tempting.
3: The meat looks good, but Rudy needs to get a better supplier of
bread. That bread looks unappealing.

Bowser:
1: There it is. Perhaps the only thing to improve that scenario would
be to have you holding it through a window with the rain pouring down
outside.
2: Aah! A New England Summer.
3: Fourth of July cookout. The perfect way to spend the day, family
friends, and burgers.

Peter Newman:
1: Nice capture, but where exactly was this cooked outdoors? ;-)
2: Coney Island & Nathans, portable food for NYC. I have a feeling that
the PeterN touch on this might raise a few coservative eyebrows.
3: I like the neat capture of the "Lady in White", but the context of
her patient wait seems to be lost.
Then there are the "porta-potties" in the background. ;-(

Savageduck

Old July 20th 13, 01:51 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_4_]

On 7/19/2013 7:55 PM, Savageduck wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/bbq_outdoor_cooking

snip

Peter Newman:
1: Nice capture, but where exactly was this cooked outdoors? ;-)

desert.

2: Coney Island & Nathans, portable food for NYC. I have a feeling
that the PeterN touch on this might raise a few coservative eyebrows.

I've raised eyebrows before, and will probably do it again. ;-)

3: I like the neat capture of the "Lady in White", but the context of
her patient wait seems to be lost.
Then there are the "porta-potties" in the background. ;-(

I can't do anything right. Here is a straight shot, and did no cloning.
Besides, during a a massive party such as the Mermaid Parade, they are a
necessary accoutrement.

Thanks for commenting.

--
PeterN
Old July 20th 13, 02:37 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
[email protected]

On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 16:55:45 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/bbq_outdoor_cooking

Bob Flint:
1: MOLSON!! Ok! I know it's a beer for the burger you are woking on, but...

I put it there to get the "Canadian" and the maple leaf ...

2: That is a clean grill. Was that just good outdoor kitchen sanitary
practice, or was it a virgin grill?

It's a new grill - delivered right to my door by Amazon along with the picnik
table... who would have thought that possible 10 years ago?! It was time to
retire the 35yo hibachi.

...and was that the sacrificial burger?

Was the second burger, actually...

3: The result, burger & beer. I know you are classy guy Bob, but this
is where the paper plate would have been appropriate. ;-)

I haven't had a paper plate around here in decades... don't even know where to
buy them... but you're right... should have ran to get cheesy sunglasses too!
Today I grilled a $15 steak that I was looking forward to, the power was off and
a near hurricane wind and rain storm was raging around me, complete with
lightning strikes less than a second away! But dammit I wanted that steak! And
it was good! Luckily there is a burner for a pot to steam veggies.