Underwater: Moray eel

Old June 25th 04, 09:51 PM
WhaleShark

Default Underwater: Moray eel

Recently shot moray eel:

Canon A70 with WPDC700 Underwater housing.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/423/0613-104204med.jpg

--

QUIPd 1.02: (233 of 679)
- You'll notice that a turtle only makes progress when it sticks
Old June 25th 04, 11:39 PM
Brian C. Baird

In article , whaleshark@mouse-
potato.com says...
Recently shot moray eel:

Canon A70 with WPDC700 Underwater housing.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/423/0613-104204med.jpg

He's still swimming. Maybe you need to shoot him again.
Old June 26th 04, 02:46 AM
Dan Birchall

(WhaleShark) wrote:
Recently shot moray eel:

Canon A70 with WPDC700 Underwater housing.
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/423/0613-104204med.jpg

Neat. Is that a scaled full-frame shot, or a crop? I usually only see
them hiding in holes in the coral.

Did you do any adjusting after you shot it? Underwater things end up a
little soft and muted, so you may want to adjust sharpness, contrast,
brightness and/or saturation sometimes.

--
Dan Birchall, Hilo HI - http://dan.birchalls.net/ - images, words, technology
Old June 26th 04, 05:43 PM
WhaleShark

Dan Birchall wrote:

(WhaleShark) wrote:
Recently shot moray eel:

Canon A70 with WPDC700 Underwater housing.
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/423/0613-104204med.jpg

Neat. Is that a scaled full-frame shot, or a crop? I usually only see
them hiding in holes in the coral.

Around here you see them swimming around fairly regularly. That is a
scaled full frame shot.

Did you do any adjusting after you shot it? Underwater things end up a
little soft and muted, so you may want to adjust sharpness, contrast,
brightness and/or saturation sometimes.

Yep, but that is posted as shot. I prefer not to play around with my
photos, I leave them as they are.

--

QUIPd 1.02: (567 of 679)
- There's two theories to arguin' with a woman. Neither one works.
Old June 26th 04, 11:53 PM
M Barnes

WhaleShark wrote:

Recently shot moray eel:

Canon A70 with WPDC700 Underwater housing.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/423/0613-104204med.jpg

(SCUBA tune sung to melody of "That's Amore!")

Stick your hand in a crack ...
And your hand don't come back ...

That's a moray!

Old June 27th 04, 04:34 AM
Dan Birchall

(WhaleShark) wrote:
Dan Birchall wrote:

(WhaleShark) wrote:
Recently shot moray eel:

Canon A70 with WPDC700 Underwater housing.
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/423/0613-104204med.jpg

Neat. Is that a scaled full-frame shot, or a crop? I usually only see
them hiding in holes in the coral.

Around here you see them swimming around fairly regularly. That is a
scaled full frame shot.

Did you do any adjusting after you shot it? Underwater things end up a
little soft and muted, so you may want to adjust sharpness, contrast,
brightness and/or saturation sometimes.

Yep, but that is posted as shot. I prefer not to play around with my
photos, I leave them as they are.

Well, what you see ain't what you get, from what I've heard - the digital's
sensor chip doesn't pick up light underwater as well as your eyes do, so
things will end up being more "blue" or "green" than the eye would actually
see them. Using a flash can help overcome this in some cases, but at
snorkeling depths, a flash is annoying.

--
Dan Birchall, Hilo HI - http://dan.birchalls.net/ - images, words, technology
Old June 27th 04, 06:42 AM
WhaleShark

M Barnes wrote:

WhaleShark wrote:

Recently shot moray eel:

Canon A70 with WPDC700 Underwater housing.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/423/0613-104204med.jpg

(SCUBA tune sung to melody of "That's Amore!")

Stick your hand in a crack ...
And your hand don't come back ...

That's a moray!

Lol, that is a good one I'll have to share with my diving buddies.

--

QUIPd 1.02: (159 of 679)
- I have opinions of my own - strong opinions - but I don't always