Nikon d710?

Old August 13th 14, 01:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
android

Default Nikon d710?

Since Rich seem to be taking a nap, this has been out two days now:
Is this what SavageDuck and others been waiting for? A FX D300???

http://nikonrumors.com/2014/08/11/th...rame-dslr-came
ra-will-be-marketed-as-an-action-camera.aspx/

http://tinyurl.com/n7gw8h3
--
teleportation kills
http://tinyurl.com/androidphotography
Old August 13th 14, 01:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-08-13 12:20:34 +0000, android said:

Since Rich seem to be taking a nap, this has been out two days now:
Is this what SavageDuck and others been waiting for? A FX D300???

Not really. I am still quite happy with a DX crop sensor as found on my
D300S. If I was thinking of an FX Nikon I would lean toward a
D800/D810/D4. What would be nice would be a DX D810, but even that
wouldn't really be a D300S replacement. A DX D4S would be.

http://nikonrumors.com/2014/08/11/th...rame-dslr-came
ra-will-be-marketed-as-an-action-camera.aspx/

http://tinyurl.com/n7gw8h3

....and that is just as speculative pie-in-the-sky as any of the D300S
replacement guesses

Savageduck

Old August 13th 14, 01:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_5_]

On 8/13/2014 8:20 AM, android wrote:
Since Rich seem to be taking a nap, this has been out two days now:
Is this what SavageDuck and others been waiting for? A FX D300???

http://nikonrumors.com/2014/08/11/th...rame-dslr-came
ra-will-be-marketed-as-an-action-camera.aspx/

http://tinyurl.com/n7gw8h3

It's still only a rumor. Sometimes Nikon plants rumors as part of
development strategy.

Maybe. but my next camera, if any, will most likely be mirroless. They
are much lighter.

--
PeterN
Old August 13th 14, 02:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , android wrote:

Since Rich seem to be taking a nap, this has been out two days now:
Is this what SavageDuck and others been waiting for? A FX D300???

Not quite, Savageduck is expecting a DX D400, actually

Savageduck
Nikon should (should have) made the D9300 40MP
05/18/2014 2014051808424071950-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom

"My intuition tells me that any such D300S successor is probably
going to be a DX DSLR, and is likely to be named D400"

--
Sandman[.net]
Old August 13th 14, 02:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Sandman wrote:

In article , android wrote:

Since Rich seem to be taking a nap, this has been out two days now:
Is this what SavageDuck and others been waiting for? A FX D300???

Not quite, Savageduck is expecting a DX D400, actually

I know that! He better stack up them boxes of surplus D300s that he can
scavenge from the net or get stuck with that pesky consumer D7300!
The D400 is definitely a UFO!!!

With the D7x0 and a good teleconverter he could keep his crop glass till
he dies! ;-p

Old August 13th 14, 02:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-08-13 13:13:05 +0000, Sandman said:

In article , android wrote:

Since Rich seem to be taking a nap, this has been out two days now:
Is this what SavageDuck and others been waiting for? A FX D300???

Not quite, Savageduck is expecting a DX D400, actually

That would work as far as naming convention goes. I certainly wouldn't
want a 40 MB DX sensor. A sensor size of 18MB-26MB would work for me
and wouldn't compromise frame rate. The important thing is the D300S
successor shouldn't be FF those exist already in the D800(E) & D4S.

Old August 13th 14, 02:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-08-13 12:43:09 +0000, PeterN said:

On 8/13/2014 8:20 AM, android wrote:
Since Rich seem to be taking a nap, this has been out two days now:
Is this what SavageDuck and others been waiting for? A FX D300???

http://nikonrumors.com/2014/08/11/th...rame-dslr-came
ra-will-be-marketed-as-an-action-camera.aspx/

http://tinyurl.com/n7gw8h3

It's still only a rumor. Sometimes Nikon plants rumors as part of
development strategy.

Maybe. but my next camera, if any, will most likely be mirroless. They
are much lighter.

That is a reason I have been seriously considering the Fujifilm X-Pro1.
http://fujifilm-x.com/x-pro1/en/index.html

Savageduck

Old August 13th 14, 02:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
android

On 2014-08-13 12:43:09 +0000, PeterN said:

On 8/13/2014 8:20 AM, android wrote:
Since Rich seem to be taking a nap, this has been out two days now:
Is this what SavageDuck and others been waiting for? A FX D300???

http://nikonrumors.com/2014/08/11/th...rame-dslr-came
ra-will-be-marketed-as-an-action-camera.aspx/

http://tinyurl.com/n7gw8h3

It's still only a rumor. Sometimes Nikon plants rumors as part of
development strategy.

Maybe. but my next camera, if any, will most likely be mirroless. They
are much lighter.

That is a reason I have been seriously considering the Fujifilm X-Pro1.
http://fujifilm-x.com/x-pro1/en/index.html

Wouldn't the X-T1 be more you? Nice 'n retro and weather sealed?
Old August 13th 14, 02:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-08-13 13:24:08 +0000, android said:

In article ,
Sandman wrote:

In article , android wrote:

Since Rich seem to be taking a nap, this has been out two days now:
Is this what SavageDuck and others been waiting for? A FX D300???

Not quite, Savageduck is expecting a DX D400, actually

I know that! He better stack up them boxes of surplus D300s that he can
scavenge from the net or get stuck with that pesky consumer D7300!
The D400 is definitely a UFO!!!

With the D7x0 and a good teleconverter he could keep his crop glass till
he dies! ;-p

Strangely enough I agree. If the D300S successor never materializes,
which is most likely, then a D7100 body would suffice. My current D300S
is 4½ years old now and is still more than I need and working fine. I
don't think I would replace it with one from used or surplus bins
unless the deal was too good to refuse.

Like Peter I am actually looking in another direction.

Old August 13th 14, 02:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-08-13 12:43:09 +0000, PeterN said:

On 8/13/2014 8:20 AM, android wrote:
Since Rich seem to be taking a nap, this has been out two days now:
Is this what SavageDuck and others been waiting for? A FX D300???

http://nikonrumors.com/2014/08/11/th...rame-dslr-came
ra-will-be-marketed-as-an-action-camera.aspx/

http://tinyurl.com/n7gw8h3

It's still only a rumor. Sometimes Nikon plants rumors as part of
development strategy.

Maybe. but my next camera, if any, will most likely be mirroless. They
are much lighter.

That is a reason I have been seriously considering the Fujifilm X-Pro1.
http://fujifilm-x.com/x-pro1/en/index.html

Wouldn't the X-T1 be more you? Nice 'n retro and weather sealed?

Performance wise there is little difference between the two, and I have
always had a thing for VF cameras. However, economically it makes more
sense to just get a D7100 body.

Savageduck