Weird Science and Double Agents

Old June 25th 04, 11:27 PM
Charles Schuler

Default Weird Science and Double Agents

Posted by "Orville Wright"

"The Sigma SD and SA camera lines generally do not require the use of a
tripod unless you are doing a long exposure over 1 second. Images are
always tack sharp. There is some mystery feature built into the Sigma
camera bodies that prevent camera shake. Of course, Sigma does not
need to brag like Canon or Minolta by throwing a "IS" or "AS" in front
of the camera."

Mystery feature? Sigma is the second coming of our savior? Mystery as in
miracle?

I am a Sigma customer (Canon too) and really hate the fact that these absurd
posts do more harm to Sigma than they do good. Sigma does not deserve the
negative impact that these posts produce. As I have asked before, are these
"clowns" double agents?

Old June 25th 04, 11:52 PM
bagal

probably

i can't wait to see the x530 whatever with new foveon chip

at some points i thought the opposing posters were monologuing

das B

Old June 26th 04, 12:39 AM
Charles Schuler

"bagal" wrote in message
newsU2Dc.196$Kv2.76@newsfe1-win...
probably

i can't wait to see the x530 whatever with new foveon chip

at some points i thought the opposing posters were monologuing

I like the Foveon chip because the basic concept is compelling. If only
those darned photons would behave as Foveon would like them to! You know,
the blue ones must dive deep but the red ones must tread water. Quantum
physics is about probability and temperature and crystal fabrication
variations and on and on. Foveon technology has fundamental problems;
especially so with fabrication anomalies.

Any discussions here (lately) about the important issues? Not too many that
I have seen, seemingly as those with real scientific and/or engineering
credentials are repelled by the BS that's often promulgated here.
Seriously, this forum should remain more objective and open minded. Why
can't we behave so that we all can benefit from interacting with each other?
It's not like we are here to discuss abortion, or something else that
fosters strong emotional behavior. It's supposed to be about digital
photography!

Serious issues are necessary but this is not the correct forum. We could,
and should, just enjoy a common interest here that transcends zeal, egos,
philosophy, religion, politics, and all the other inflammatory issues. Gosh
Darn ... IT'S JUST PHOTOGRAPHY!

Old June 26th 04, 12:47 AM
bagal

it may not be a content issue?

i wade through quite a lot of dross but when i discover decent info it tends
to be very very good

sorta makes it worthwhile

Old June 26th 04, 12:52 AM
Brian C. Baird

In article ,
says...

Darn ... IT'S JUST PHOTOGRAPHY!

Not on the internet, it ain't!
Old June 26th 04, 12:34 PM
Giorgio Preddio

"Charles Schuler" wrote in message ...

I am a Sigma customer

Me too.

(Canon too)

Me too, though I do not forsee the need to buy anything else from them
unless they significantly clean up their act.
Old June 26th 04, 01:24 PM
Randall Ainsworth

In article , Giorgio
Preddio wrote:

Me too, though I do not forsee the need to buy anything else from them
unless they significantly clean up their act.

snicker
Old June 26th 04, 06:32 PM
bagal

Good points well made Charles - perhaps some posters have a pecuniary
interest and must per se promote a brand with all the shortsightedness and
lack of professional or aesthetic objectivity that financial interest or
product placement has attached to it

Ne'er mind - they tend to be so obvious it is easy to overlook and, from my
poinyt of view I think if I was a decision taker at Canon a rug would be
pulled quickly, very, very quickly

An approach that seems immersed with delusions of "world dominiation" is
comical but to be fair is in most newsgroups anywhere.

Tsk - naughty photons. I bet when a sensor appears that solves the photon
problem all it will do is unmask a wavelet problem or probably have
irrdesecent light flowing over the top of the sensor heh heh

Fingers crossed that the nest 2 or 3 stages in sensor evolution will do the
trick. Say by 2006?