White-balance preset question

Old June 24th 04, 03:34 PM
Donald Gray

Default White-balance preset question

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 01:07:20 +0200, "Bart van der Wolf"
wrote:

"Donald Gray" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 00:39:37 +0200, "Bart van der Wolf"
wrote:

It looks to me like you didn't understand the gist of my post.

Besides, white gray and black ARE colors,

[]

White & Grey are combinations of colours in equal proportions but
black is definitely not a colour - It is the absence of all colours!

Actually it is defined as zero Luminance, with ANY color. Besides, true
black only exists in a theoretical Blackbody object.

Bart

Not that I want to contradict you Bart, but your statement is
contradictory itself; "A true black."

Black is black. If it were not "true black" it would not be black, as
you put it.

Black is:
1) the visual representation of the absence of ALL colours.
2) the total absorbtion of all colours of the spectrum

(By 'white light' I infer a pure unadulterated white. White is white.)

Black does exist in the real world - It is not theoretical 'blackbody
object' EG: place yourself in a perfect darkroom. open your eyes. what
do you see: Nix, nowt, nuffink, bugger all.... Now, THATS BLACK!
--
Donald Gray
www.odcombe.demon.co.uk