I made lemonade this morning.

Old September 10th 14, 08:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_5_]

Default I made lemonade this morning.

On 9/10/2014 4:38 AM, Giff wrote:
On 10/09/2014 00:51, PeterN wrote:

he thinks people are going to steal his photos.

You always know what someone else is thinking.

If not, which other obvious reasons do you have then to post such
low-res picture?

My varient on Robert Frost. (good fences......)
I am fully aware that is someone wanted to steal one of my images they
could. Low res makes it more difficult, and the image less desireable.
While on occasssion I have posted the RAW image for others to play with,
I will not do that with an image that I may use in competitions. While I
make no pretensions about my photography, I have been moderately
successful.

--
PeterN
Old September 10th 14, 08:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_5_]

Default Hardly any posts?

On 2014-09-10 18:18:42 +0000, "PAS" said:

Is it me or was there suddenly a big drop in the number of posts to
this group each day?

Yup!

Yup it's him, or Yuo, there is a drop in the number of posts. ;[)

--
PeterN
Old September 10th 14, 08:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_5_]

On 9/10/2014 2:18 PM, PAS wrote:
Is it me or was there suddenly a big drop in the number of posts to this
group each day?

Are you gong to Photo Expo?

--
PeterN
Old September 10th 14, 10:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-09-10 19:08:57 +0000, PeterN said:

On 9/10/2014 4:38 AM, Giff wrote:
On 10/09/2014 00:51, PeterN wrote:

he thinks people are going to steal his photos.

You always know what someone else is thinking.

If not, which other obvious reasons do you have then to post such
low-res picture?

My varient on Robert Frost. (good fences......)
I am fully aware that is someone wanted to steal one of my images they
could. Low res makes it more difficult, and the image less desireable.

No kidding!

While on occasssion I have posted the RAW image for others to play
with, I will not do that with an image that I may use in competitions.
While I make no pretensions about my photography, I have been
moderately successful.

Sigh!
Are your competition wading through the photo NG's for inspiration and
the opportunity to plagiarize?

Anyway that image as you presented it to us is not without issues, and
since you didn't/haven't/won't coughed the NEF, I played around with
Perfect Resize 8, and did what I could to come up with my version. I
have enhanced the fog for a slightly different mood. Naturally, my
version of your shot is a tad larger 1706 x 960 pixels @72 ppi & 395Kb.

Since you are feeling sensitive about this particular image I won't
post it without your OK. I will email it to you

Savageduck

Old September 11th 14, 02:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_5_]

On 2014-09-10 19:08:57 +0000, PeterN said:

On 9/10/2014 4:38 AM, Giff wrote:
On 10/09/2014 00:51, PeterN wrote:

he thinks people are going to steal his photos.

You always know what someone else is thinking.

If not, which other obvious reasons do you have then to post such
low-res picture?

My varient on Robert Frost. (good fences......)
I am fully aware that is someone wanted to steal one of my images they
could. Low res makes it more difficult, and the image less desireable.

No kidding!

While on occasssion I have posted the RAW image for others to play
with, I will not do that with an image that I may use in competitions.
While I make no pretensions about my photography, I have been
moderately successful.

Sigh!
Are your competition wading through the photo NG's for inspiration and
the opportunity to plagiarize?

Paet of the issue is that you must take reasonable steps to protect your
copyright, or the image can be considered as placed in the public domain.
There was a recent incident. The other person was greatly embarassed
when I publically asked him how my camera's serial number got into the
EXIF data on the image in question.

Anyway that image as you presented it to us is not without issues, and
since you didn't/haven't/won't coughed the NEF, I played around with
Perfect Resize 8, and did what I could to come up with my version. I
have enhanced the fog for a slightly different mood. Naturally, my
version of your shot is a tad larger 1706 x 960 pixels @72 ppi & 395Kb.

Since you are feeling sensitive about this particular image I won't post
it without your OK. I will email it to you

Please respect my current mindset. After the image was posted, I
realized the pilings point toward the Freedom Tower. I have a lot of
personal issues about WTC.

If you want to play, here is an image I took on the same day I was
playing with IR. Although it is not an IR image, but has lots of
possibilities.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20140824_central%20park_0009.NEF.

--
PeterN
Old September 11th 14, 02:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
J. Clarke[_2_]

In article , says...

On 2014-09-10 19:08:57 +0000, PeterN said:

On 9/10/2014 4:38 AM, Giff wrote:
[...]

It's trademarks that you have to defend or lose. A copyright can't be
transferred except by written order, in the US anyway.

17 USC 204 (a): " A transfer of copyright ownership, other than by
operation of law, is not valid unless an instrument of conveyance, or a
note or memorandum of the transfer, is in writing and signed by the
owner of the rights conveyed or such owner?s duly authorized agent."

Old September 11th 14, 03:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-09-10 19:08:57 +0000, PeterN said:

On 9/10/2014 4:38 AM, Giff wrote:
[...]

Well

OK!
I have done a few things with this, but first you are going to get some
comments regarding your exposure setting choices.
1: f/22 !!!
2: Pattern metering??
3: 1/25

WTF!!
That gave you a blown upper left and shadows way too deep, nothing that
couldn't be fixed.

Then you have an old equipment issue, dust on your sensor, most
conspicuous in the upper left. Clean the sensor.

After all that here is what I got out of it.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/FileChute/PN_CP0009W.jpg

Savageduck

Old September 11th 14, 03:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-09-10 19:08:57 +0000, PeterN said:

On 9/10/2014 4:38 AM, Giff wrote:
[...]

BTW: Here is what that dust looks like before I spot fixed. As I said
clean your sensor.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_897.jpg

Savageduck

Old September 11th 14, 01:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Bowser

On Wed, 10 Sep 2014 14:18:42 -0400, "PAS"
wrote:

Is it me or was there suddenly a big drop in the number of posts to this
group each day?

I blame the lack of a shoot-in.