Nikon celebrate 50 years of digital production :-)

Old September 11th 09, 04:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

Default |GG| Nikon celebrate 50 years of digital production :-)

RichA wrote:

David J. Littleboy wrote:
"David Kilpatrick" wrote:
http://www.dphotoexpert.com/2009/09/...erate-mistake/

It's easy to make mistakes in press releases, but this was quite a funny
one!

Huh? Of course the Nikon F was digital: you had to use your digits to
operate it.

Lets really nitpick. There are a finite number of film grains in each
frame. One is either turned on or not (0's and 1's) so the F was
digital.

Maybe they meant first to use a battery?

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Old September 11th 09, 05:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John A.[_2_]

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 11:21:53 -0700, Savageduck

On 2009-09-10 10:25:07 -0700, David Kilpatrick said:

http://www.dphotoexpert.com/2009/09/...erate-mistake/

It's easy to make mistakes in press releases, but this was quite a funny one!

David

5cm ???

Ok enough messing around;

"...in 1959, along with Nikon’s first digital SLR camera, the Nikon F."
How do you say goof in Japanese?

Years ago I read it was something like "shimata". It was in a kids
book, mind you.
Old September 11th 09, 05:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John A.[_2_]

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 16:18:34 -0700 (PDT), RichA
wrote:

David J. Littleboy wrote:
"David Kilpatrick" wrote:
http://www.dphotoexpert.com/2009/09/...erate-mistake/

It's easy to make mistakes in press releases, but this was quite a funny
one!

Huh? Of course the Nikon F was digital: you had to use your digits to
operate it.

--
David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Lets really nitpick. There are a finite number of film grains in each
frame. One is either turned on or not (0's and 1's) so the F was
digital.

Once the time machine is perfected it will be. Oh, it will be.
Old September 11th 09, 10:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

On 2009-09-10 17:49:57 -0700, Alan Browne
said:

Robert Spanjaard wrote:
On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 10:57:23 -0700, Savageduck wrote:

http://www.dphotoexpert.com/2009/09/...erate-mistake/

It's easy to make mistakes in press releases, but this was quite a
funny one!
5cm ???

A lot of lens manufacturers used cm instead of mm in those days.
There's nothing strange about that.

I'm sure this doesn't apply to Savageduck, but a lot of Americans
don't get that a lens quoted as 5 cm could also be quoted as 0.05m or
50mm and that it all means the same thing.

It's OK. I am familiar with the metric system. My initial post in this
thread was meant to be tongue-in-cheek.
I was under the impression this thread was based in humor and as "No
One" identified the actual "deliberate
mistake", I threw the "5cm" into the mix. I probably should have just
let things be.

I vill let not-ing past!
Old September 12th 09, 04:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

Paul Furman wrote:
Savageduck wrote:

How do you say goof in Japanese?

'Bokeh' g

Seriously, the closest a Japanese friend could come to recognizing that
word was "old & stupid" for "bokemon" (sp?) which is kind of like "blurry".

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net