[SI] Intetesting is up!

Old September 7th 09, 10:03 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bowser

Default [SI] Intetesting is up!

All the interesting shots have been posted he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/interesting

Why didn't you submit?
Old September 7th 09, 10:43 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Bowser wrote:
All the interesting shots have been posted he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/interesting

Why didn't you submit?

Just did, was out most of the day.
Old September 7th 09, 11:15 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Savageduck[_4_]

Default Intetesting is up!

On 2009-09-07 14:58:25 -0700, Annika1980 said:

On Sep 7, 5:03*pm, "Bowser" wrote:
All the interesting shots have been posted he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/interesting

Why didn't you submit?

"You talkin' to me?
You talkin' to me?
You talkin' to me?
Then who the hell else are you talking... you talking to me?
Well I'm the only one here.
Who the **** do you think you're talking to?
Oh yeah? OK."

Bret,
You are supposed to roll over on your back, get your belly scratched,
then run upstairs to kill everybody and save the maiden in distress.

....but first a shot of a hummer rolling in inverted, to attack a
feeder. (I know you could have done that.)
:-)

Savageduck

Old September 8th 09, 12:45 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bowser

Got them, and posted them with comments. Along with a shot from Helen, who
sent a shot of a person some might find interesting, to say the least.

Old September 8th 09, 01:16 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Default [SI] Intetesting is up! Pls explain Helen...

Bowser wrote:
Got them, and posted them with comments. Along with a shot from Helen,
who sent a shot of a person some might find interesting, to say the least.

Helen's shot explanation is BS - I doubt "she" shot it.

ISO 1600 on a dark cloudy day would be 1/500 @ f/16 (slowest aperture of
the 35 GT).

Maybe 1/250 if _really_ dark and cloudy.

The softness in the shot is mainly JPG artifacts.

C'mon "Helen" - what's the real deal here? Pop that off a website?
Old September 8th 09, 01:58 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Savageduck[_4_]

On 2009-09-07 17:32:09 -0700, Annika1980 said:

On Sep 7, 6:15*pm, Savageduck wrote:

Bret,
You are supposed to roll over on your back, get your belly scratched,
then run upstairs to kill everybody and save the maiden in distress.

...but first a shot of a hummer rolling in inverted, to attack a
feeder. (I know you could have done that.)

I'd like to think that lots of the pics I post are interesting.
Here's a few I took within the mandate period, but I didn't submit
them since I had already posted them.

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/116527802
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/116768911

Always good work, and yes I saw your earlier posts.

I guess you could say that this mandate simply didn't interest me.

Do you mean that nothing you shoot is of interest to you?
If it is, others might find it equally interesting.
....still, much of what you produce is interesting to others, and after
all the whole idea of SI is to give all of us, experienced and novices
alike, a forum to share, teach and learn.

Savageduck

Old September 8th 09, 02:20 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Savageduck[_4_]

On 2009-09-07 18:07:31 -0700, Annika1980 said:

On Sep 7, 8:58*pm, Savageduck wrote:

I guess you could say that this mandate simply didn't interest me.

Do you mean that nothing you shoot is of interest to you?

No, I mean that nothing interesting is worth saving for the mandate.
If the mandate is more specific and requires going out and shooting
specifically for the mandate then that's one thing. But a vague
mandate like "Interesting?" What the heck is that?

Can't wait for next month's mandate ...... "Photo."

Maybe "Click?"

Savageduck

Old September 8th 09, 04:12 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Savageduck[_4_]

On 2009-09-07 14:03:36 -0700, "Bowser" said:

All the interesting shots have been posted he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/interesting

Why didn't you submit?

I think we just killed pbase!!

Savageduck

Old September 8th 09, 05:52 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Tony Cooper

On Mon, 7 Sep 2009 17:32:09 -0700 (PDT), Annika1980
wrote:

On Sep 7, 6:15*pm, Savageduck wrote:

Bret,
You are supposed to roll over on your back, get your belly scratched,
then run upstairs to kill everybody and save the maiden in distress.

...but first a shot of a hummer rolling in inverted, to attack a
feeder. (I know you could have done that.)

I'd like to think that lots of the pics I post are interesting.
Here's a few I took within the mandate period, but I didn't submit
them since I had already posted them.

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/116527802
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/116768911

I guess you could say that this mandate simply didn't interest me.

We get the message, Bret. If you can't pick the mandate, you don't
play.
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old September 8th 09, 07:01 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

On 2009-09-07 14:03:36 -0700, "Bowser" said:

All the interesting shots have been posted he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/interesting

Why didn't you submit?

I think we just killed pbase!!

Maybe my late submissions will slip in under the radar. I was out of
town for a few days & forgot to submit some I had chosen for this.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net