A question about animated image editing

Old June 8th 07, 12:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Phluge

Default A question about animated image editing

I messed around and put together an animated group of photos that I hoped I
could email to friends. What I did was put some animated GIF reflections in
20 page lots, then went to Irfanview to make these into a single animation,
hoping I could make a GIF my friends could open straight out of their email.

The result is really cool except for one thing -- although each GIF
animation set can be viewed separately in action on the MS "preview" viewer,
the only option(s) for putting them together with Irfanview are multi-page
TIFF, JPM, or LDFs (I don't know anything about JPM or LDF). I made a TIFF
multipage (actually multi-set) animation and it came out great, except I can
only play it with Irfanview ("Preview" only shows a still image). I don't
expect that my friends would have Irfanview or anything like it.

Would JPM and/or LDF be worth pursuing or would that just take me further
away from my purpose? Is there a way to convert the TIFF animation to GIF or
something commonly usable? Since I have everything set up is there a way to
combine it the way I did with the multi-page TIFF?.

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pflu