Fantastic colours!

Old October 16th 17, 09:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David_B

Default Fantastic colours!

The colours remind me of the 'Quink' ink I used when I was at school!

http://garyparkinsondigital.com/port...N5K-BUD-H6RPK8

Great capture, in my opinion. What do YOU think?

Fun read here, too, if you have the time!

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/fo...age-parker-51/

David B.
Old October 17th 17, 08:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Monday, October 16, 2017 at 4:26:34 AM UTC-4, David_B wrote:
The colours remind me of the 'Quink' ink I used when I was at school!

http://garyparkinsondigital.com/port...N5K-BUD-H6RPK8

Great capture, in my opinion. What do YOU think?

Fun read here, too, if you have the time!

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/fo...age-parker-51/

David B.

Nice pix, but on my screen, the colors seem to be exaggerated electronically, as if by a "saturation" button.

Mort Linder
Old October 17th 17, 09:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

http://garyparkinsondigital.com/port...graphy/ui/EUGU
X1HN5K-BUD-H6RPK8

Great capture, in my opinion. What do YOU think?

Fun read here, too, if you have the time!

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/fo...ntage-parker-5
1/

Nice pix, but on my screen, the colors seem to be exaggerated electronically,
as if by a "saturation" button.

then your display is not properly calibrated.
Old October 18th 17, 01:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken Hart[_4_]

On 10/17/2017 04:57 PM, nospam wrote:

http://garyparkinsondigital.com/port...graphy/ui/EUGU
X1HN5K-BUD-H6RPK8

Great capture, in my opinion. What do YOU think?

Fun read here, too, if you have the time!

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/fo...ntage-parker-5
1/

Nice pix, but on my screen, the colors seem to be exaggerated electronically,
as if by a "saturation" button.

then your display is not properly calibrated.

It is difficult to know what the colors actually were like unless you
were at the scene.
What I saw was, in general, the close-up photos were a bit more vivid
than what I consider natural, while the scenic photos seemed about right.
I could be wrong since I calibrated my display so that the Lubuntu
desktop looks just like the display beside it.

--
Ken Hart

Old October 18th 17, 01:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Ken Hart
wrote:

Nice pix, but on my screen, the colors seem to be exaggerated
electronically, as if by a "saturation" button.

then your display is not properly calibrated.

It is difficult to know what the colors actually were like unless you
were at the scene.

irrelevant.

a display is not calibrated to a particular scene.

What I saw was, in general, the close-up photos were a bit more vivid
than what I consider natural, while the scenic photos seemed about right.

some of the photos did have vivid colours, but nothing out of the
ordinary and certainly not anything that was exaggerated.

I could be wrong since I calibrated my display so that the Lubuntu
desktop looks just like the display beside it.

what puck/software did you use?
Old October 18th 17, 02:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Oct 17, 2017, Ken Hart wrote
(in article ):

On 10/17/2017 04:57 PM, nospam wrote:
In ,
wrote:

http://garyparkinsondigital.com/port...tography/ui/EU
GU
X1HN5K-BUD-H6RPK8

Great capture, in my opinion. What do YOU think?

Fun read here, too, if you have the time!

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/fo...vintage-parker
-5
1/

Nice pix, but on my screen, the colors seem to be exaggerated
electronically,
as if by a "saturation" button.

then your display is not properly calibrated.

It is difficult to know what the colors actually were like unless you
were at the scene.
What I saw was, in general, the close-up photos were a bit more vivid
than what I consider natural, while the scenic photos seemed about right.
I could be wrong since I calibrated my display so that the Lubuntu
desktop looks just like the display beside it.

There is a way to get colors at/in a scene right.

Start with a calibrated display.

Use a color calibration card/target such as an X-Rite Colorchecker to take a
reference shot of the scene under the same lighting conditions as your
subject. That is what I use.
http://xritephoto.com/colorchecker-passport-photo

Crop the Colorchecker panel and create a camera/lens profile using the X-Rite
software.

Use the newly created camera+lense calibration profile as a starting point
for any further adjustments. You should have no further need to adjust color.

The bottom panel in this shot is the Colorchecker, the top panel is for WB
tone adjustment.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1waobdengnjmext/DSF1775-1.jpg

The cropped Colorchecker panel.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mpcyge9vphx3bts/DSF1775-2.jpg

Savageduck

Old October 18th 17, 02:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 10/17/2017 4:57 PM, nospam wrote:

http://garyparkinsondigital.com/port...graphy/ui/EUGU
X1HN5K-BUD-H6RPK8

Great capture, in my opinion. What do YOU think?

Fun read here, too, if you have the time!

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/fo...ntage-parker-5
1/

Nice pix, but on my screen, the colors seem to be exaggerated electronically,
as if by a "saturation" button.

then your display is not properly calibrated.

my display is calibrated. In the firs link the greens were
unrealistically over saturated. There was no tonal subtlety. Some like
it that way. I don't, and Mort appears to think so too.

--
PeterN
Old October 18th 17, 02:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 10/17/2017 8:15 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Tue, 17 Oct 2017 20:03:24 -0400, Ken Hart
wrote:

On 10/17/2017 04:57 PM, nospam wrote:

http://garyparkinsondigital.com/port...N5K-BUD-H6RPK8

Great capture, in my opinion. What do YOU think?

I think it's garishly over-processed. And, a poorly composed and
uninteresting photo.

then your display is not properly calibrated.

This photo of mine is also processed-for-effect. The most accurately
calibrated monitor will not show the flower in its natural colors.
But, I did not intend for it to represent the natural colors.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Current/i...2017-07-11.jpg

I like the image, but think it would be stronger if you go rid of the
white petal at the bottom, and sharpened the center of the flower.

--
PeterN

Old October 19th 17, 12:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken Hart[_4_]

On 10/17/2017 08:18 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , Ken Hart
wrote:

Nice pix, but on my screen, the colors seem to be exaggerated
electronically, as if by a "saturation" button.

then your display is not properly calibrated.

It is difficult to know what the colors actually were like unless you
were at the scene.

irrelevant.

a display is not calibrated to a particular scene.

What I saw was, in general, the close-up photos were a bit more vivid
than what I consider natural, while the scenic photos seemed about right.

some of the photos did have vivid colours, but nothing out of the
ordinary and certainly not anything that was exaggerated.

I could be wrong since I calibrated my display so that the Lubuntu
desktop looks just like the display beside it.

what puck/software did you use?

My software is Lubuntu (LXDE + Ubuntu) 16.04, with kernal 4.4.0-97.
I never played hockey, so I have no use for a puck.

In the darkroom, however, I calibrate everything to an 18% gray card,
using an Eseco densitometer (for both negs and prints).

--
Ken Hart